Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of working my new 20 acre chunk of land and was curious what my fellow Ohioans (or those with similar climates) have put out or are planning on putting out? Thanks and good luck when the arrow flies!

Meat

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Put out two plots of biologic new zeland clover last year, and it came right up and immediately started bringing in the deer, this year it is doing even better.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Surplus Carrots??

Where do you get the surplus carrots from? I would imagine it would be kinda expensive just buying them from a grocery store.

Meat

·
Registered
786 Posts
They sell carrots by the 50 lb bag in MI, or by the truckload. Right now, it is 3 bags for $5...When my brother comes down to hunt this year, I am having him bring a truckload. Deer absolutely love them.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Thats the first I ever heard of deer liking carrots. Will have to try that this year also.

·
Registered
786 Posts
My brother planted turnips this year. So far, they have just eaten the tops, but come winter, they will nail them.

do deer like buckeyes? If they do, that is the only thing a buckeye is food for!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cows

I believe cattle will eat buckeyes. That is what I have always heard anyway.

meat

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Result

What kind of result could I expect if I planted some this weekend, barring it doesn't continue to rain? Heard they will grow if the fall is mild, maybe even better than they do in the spring.

meat

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
I am planting some turnips this weekend. Chance of rain Sunday and Monday so it would work out perfect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts