Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The deadly blowout of an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico was triggered by a bubble of methane gas that escaped from the well and shot up the drill column, expanding quickly as it burst through several seals and barriers before exploding, according to interviews with rig workers conducted during BP's internal investigation.

I guess this is what happened. Too bad about the 11 people that died.

My question is why don't they have a plan for these bad things that could happen ? Why let people drill if they can not tell how they will fix the worst possible problem ??????:dontknow:

·
Registered
19,333 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, this is the first catastrophic oil rig disaster, if not in over forty years. They said they were in a hurry to finish the well and did not follow all precautions. Sure is convenient that it happened approx. two weeks after Obummer signed his flimsy right to research drilling in the gulf. What we will probably see is a moratorium on all well drilling and gas prices will go up.

·
R.I.P.
29,113 Posts
Don't forget that BP didn't want to drill a relief well and wiggled its way in convincing the current administration that they didn't need one, though it was part of the requirement. They (BP) want to do the exact same kind of drilling, without a relief well, in the Beaufort sea, northeast of Alaska...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so some rich people probably paid some other rich people some money under the table to cut corners to save money & now the people that are not rich ( you & I ) will have to pay a higher price at the pump & probably have to help clean up the mess ?!?!?! Pluss the wildlife will have to pay with their lives. The other night on the news I saw a bunch of sea turtles wash up on shore because they died from eating fish that were dead from the oil......
very sad !!!!!!!!!!:sad:

·
Registered
232 Posts
It is just a shame that with all the money the oil companies have they wont spend some to take precautions like a relief valve. This disaster has hurt not only the wildlife but also the families that depend on the sea for their income. I just hope by Gods grace they get a handle on it soon.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
so some rich people probably paid some other rich people some money under the table to cut corners to save money & now the people that are not rich ( you & I ) will have to pay a higher price at the pump & probably have to help clean up the mess ?!?!?! Pluss the wildlife will have to pay with their lives. The other night on the news I saw a bunch of sea turtles wash up on shore because they died from eating fish that were dead from the oil......
very sad !!!!!!!!!!:sad:

yeap, pretty much sums it up.:pukey:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts