Archery Talk Forum banner

OK Bowtech. Step Up....Martin Did!!

890 12
I just finished reading a very lengthy post about Martin being accused of being deceptive about the actual weight of their bows. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. I don't really know the real answer. But what I saw was likely the single best gesture in customer service I've ever seen. They offered a complete refund on the bow for the unhappy customer:thumbs_up

It got me to thinking about my 82nd I bought last year and how the Bowtech web site listed both Speed/Smooth mod speeds. After buying the bow and months of trying to track down a legitimate smooth mod I was told they won't be making them:confused: Well they sure as heck advertised them.

I know, like the OP on the other thread and the "what's a few ounces" replies, I will get the "why do you want a smooth mod on the 82nd, it's a speed bow".

Well, maybe when I'm not shooting 70# 29" at 338fps, I might just want some super comfort at 60# for spots with a smooth draw, or middle ground of 65# for hunting with a smooth draw. I had hoped it would become the single most versatile bow available and they didn't come through.

So come on Bowtech, where's my refund? :darkbeer:

Oh, and Mathews....my SBXT never ever came close to it's IBO specs. You can send that refund to the guy I sold it to.:darkbeer:

Disclaimer: I have only had one bow warranty issue ever it was on a BT string/cable and they were great.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,088 Posts
I know... but there will be somebody that will take up the fight on this one... You know there will be.

· SuperToon'd
12,325 Posts
I just finished reading a very lengthy post about Martin being accused of being deceptive about the actual weight of their bows. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. I don't really know the real answer. But what I saw was likely the single best gesture in customer service I've ever seen. They offered a complete refund on the bow for the unhappy customer:thumbs_up

It got me to thinking about my 82nd I bought last year and how the Bowtech web site listed both Speed/Smooth mod speeds. After buying the bow and months of trying to track down a legitimate smooth mod I was told they won't be making them:confused: Well they sure as heck advertised them.

I know, like the OP on the other thread and the "what's a few ounces" replies, I will get the "why do you want a smooth mod on the 82nd, it's a speed bow".

Well, maybe when I'm not shooting 70# 29" at 338fps, I might just want some super comfort at 60# for spots with a smooth draw, or middle ground of 65# for hunting with a smooth draw. I had hoped it would become the single most versatile bow available and they didn't come through.

Oh, and Mathews....my SBXT never ever came close to it's IBO specs. You can send that refund to the guy I sold it to.:darkbeer:

Disclaimer: I have only had one bow warranty issue ever it was on a BT string/cable and they were great.
Sorry about your bad luck . My 05 Outback shoots a 356 gr arrow at 285 fps at 70 lbs and 28 inch draw. I figure if you take off the whisker biscuit , peep sight , release loop , and shoot it at 30 inch draw it will exceed I.B.O specs . Sounds like a tuning issue to me .:wink:

· Registered
70 Posts
smooth mods

ESM mods are smooth mods that work on airbornes. you lose some speed but its WAY smoother! try em

· Registered
7,583 Posts
Maybe they should come up with a speed rating called I.Y.O. instead of IBO. I Y O+If YOU OWN. My speeds would be truer. My general is only getting 5 more fps from speed mods then smooth mods. I dont even see the point. Dont change them, they really dont feel any different.

· Registered
4,052 Posts
Ding ding! Schools in I'll pick it up! Also sucks that when your under ibo bow meeses up, you have to try to find your nearest dealer an hour away to take the bow to and pick it up there when it would be easier for me to send and recieve..verry nice!!

· Banned
1,567 Posts
I think mathews covers themselves because on the website all their specs are listed as approx. very sneaky,

· Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You did better than I did. My string/cable on my BT were junk and I got to replace them myself. When I say junk I mean 150 shots and the both the string and cable were literally falling apart.
Yea, mine were trashed IMO in about that same number of shot. The surprising thing is that my dealer told me it was fine. I then e-mailed the pics to BT and BT say it was NOT fine. I then went to another dealer who got the warranty squared away and BT was great the whole time.

As far as the ESM mods, I've been told about 50/50 on that one. I do have a set and have put them on and it is very nice and smooth. But BT says not to use them as the cable may slip off the mod. I choose to take their advice because I've had that happen on another bow and did not like the results, no matter how remote it might be. But thanks for that advice.

I forgot to add that I want my money back on the new home I built a few years ago. I wish the builder would have vented the basement(man cave) bathroom with a much larger fan....oh crap...I'm the builder:wink: How's that work??

I am still absolutely impressed with the customer service that Martin displayed offering to buy the bow back. I would have jumped all over that offer. I need to go weigh my old Martin Lynx Magnum and see if I can get a new one too...anyone know the specs? Beuhler....Buehler....

· She's baaaaack!!!!
20,602 Posts
Yea, mine were trashed IMO in about that same number of shot. The surprising thing is that my dealer told me it was fine. I then e-mailed the pics to BT and BT say it was NOT fine. I then went to another dealer who got the warranty squared away and BT was great the whole time.

As far as the ESM mods, I've been told about 50/50 on that one. I do have a set and have put them on and it is very nice and smooth. But BT says not to use them as the cable may slip off the mod. I choose to take their advice because I've had that happen on another bow and did not like the results, no matter how remote it might be. But thanks for that advice.

I forgot to add that I want my money back on the new home I built a few years ago. I wish the builder would have vented the basement(man cave) bathroom with a much larger fan....oh crap...I'm the builder:wink: How's that work??

I am still absolutely impressed with the customer service that Martin displayed offering to buy the bow back. I would have jumped all over that offer. I need to go weigh my old Martin Lynx Magnum and see if I can get a new one too...anyone know the specs? Beuhler....Buehler....
:wink: Then there's only one thing left to do.......................

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.