Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I have two digital scales..one is a Coffey, the other is a Moultrie, both hanging-style.

I have been trying to do a draw-force curve...doggone scales BOTH shut-off after so many seconds!!:thumbs_do:thumbs_do

HELP..............anyone recommend a decent digital scale that DOES NOT shutoff....

THANK YOU!!!:thumbs_up:cool:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
A few days back, someone posted about a luggage scale bought at Walmart. I picked one up for about $8.00 and gave it a try. Works perfectl. Indicator needle moves a marker up that stays put at the breakover weight and the indicator drops back down to the relaxed weight. I made a strap loop that goes through the handle and slips over the end of my garage door track. Hang it up, put the D-loop over the hook and pull the bow down. It goes up to 83 lbs. and although it looks a little fragile, if it wears out after a few years, an eight dollar replacement doesn't sound too bad.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A few days back, someone posted about a luggage scale bought at Walmart. I picked one up for about $8.00 and gave it a try. Works perfectl. Indicator needle moves a marker up that stays put at the breakover weight and the indicator drops back down to the relaxed weight. I made a strap loop that goes through the handle and slips over the end of my garage door track. Hang it up, put the D-loop over the hook and pull the bow down. It goes up to 83 lbs. and although it looks a little fragile, if it wears out after a few years, an eight dollar replacement doesn't sound too bad.:thumbs_up

...my only fear!!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yea what happened when it is at full draw and breaks? I wouldn't want to be standing near by! Just a thought

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
The ebay link is likely to old. Have to do a search on ebay to find something running now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts