Archery Talk Forum banner

ok guys help me score this trail pic

1458 Views 20 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  zyxw
I have one pic of him last year and just seen him again last night he never was seen during season. This deer is in west virginia and not under any kind of managment but think he needs to give me at least one chance this season. Ok what age and score???? first picture is fall 07

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
14,752 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is the biggest buck I have on camera I kinda thought he would score higher but dont doubt your numbers. Anyone know how big it takes to be in the books in West virginia?? I caretake for a cabin resort. there is 25 cabins on 3000 acres and I am the only one who bowhunts and only a few people hunt gun season. Cabins are empty except summer.I have talked them into adding food plot money into buget so things will get better. Any you mid west guys want to trade hunts????? few other pics

Attachments

· Registered
14,752 Posts
Id say a bit more than that. He has some nice base and really tall. Very nice buck. Good luck.
i think you guys are forgetting thats a WV deer,,,half the size of the ones out in the midwest.....your looking at a 125 to 140 pound on the hoof deer...
i will stick with the 110..put him down and let me know.

· Registered
1,277 Posts
i think you guys are forgetting thats a WV deer,,,half the size of the ones out in the midwest.....your looking at a 125 to 140 pound on the hoof deer...
i will stick with the 110..put him down and let me know.
Friend I will have to politely disagree with you on that statement. Deer down here are not half the size of those in midwest. I have killed several +200 lb deer. More than I have not. There is no way that deer will only score 110. It will make book!

· Registered
14,752 Posts
Friend I will have to politely disagree with you on that statement. Deer down here are not half the size of those in midwest. I have killed several +200 lb deer. More than I have not. There is no way that deer will only score 110. It will make book!
the poster is from Elkins...not the 4 county's down in southern WV...i will agree you guys have some slungers,,,but thats not one of them if its from Elkins.

· Premium Member
17,591 Posts
3 1/2yo and upper 130's if not 140"

the poster is from Elkins...not the 4 county's down in southern WV...i will agree you guys have some slungers,,,but thats not one of them if its from Elkins.

No way that deer is a 110" buck. His g2's and g3's are way too long for that. He has good mass too comparing to his eye size.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.