Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i switched to carbon express arrows this year just to try and get the best possiable straightness (3-d selects 300) and blazer vanes. My old set up was gold tip 55-75 xt hunters 4''inch feathers. I am using the same broadheads as last year slick trick 100 grain. Well yesterday i tried the arrows out with a broad head and with old set up they flew just about the same as my field points but with the new set up they went alittle to the right, well not alittle by my standards lets say 2-3''. The up and down was good but they went right? Did not a just do to i want to try a few more and needed to get a broad head target. What could be the problem the blazer vanes? Thanks in advance for info.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Your CX shafts are slightly stiffer than the GT shafts (.37 vs .4). This couild be a factor depending upon rest used. My first guess is vane contact, the Blazers are pretty stiff. From my experience with Blazers shot from a drop-a-way rest, they work well with every shaft I have tried carbon and aluminium (from 2213 thru 2613) provided that they do not contact rest or riser or cables.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok i shoot trophy ridge drop away.And the bow is a bowtech patriot dually 63 pounds 28 inch draw.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow cant believe i havent got more replies?

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Make sure you have no vane/rest contact.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts