Archery Talk Forum banner

Ok. Need help with cam timing on guardian.

707 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  CherryJu1ce 
#1 ·
Ever since i got this bow i have had horrible success tuning it. Everything i do just seems to give me troubles. Im not the most experienced bow tuner, but it just seems like somethings wrong. Well i tried sliding a nickle under the J-hooks on the cams, and on the bottom cam, the nickle fit easily under the hook with a little room to spare. On the top cam, the nickle would not slide under. Now ive tried reading all kinds of binary cam tuning articles and what not, but i just have a hard time making sense of most of it. SO, my simple question is, what does this mean, and what do i need to do to fix it? Thanks

#3 ·
Measure your axle to axle, brace height, draw lenght, and draw weight. If all of these are good then you just need to time the cams. This is easy to do with a draw board at full draw. If your measurements are off then you should start from scratch. Remove the string and cables and measure each one to make sure they are the correct lenght when you install them, and this will bring the bow very close to spec.

#4 ·
measure your axle to axle, brace height, draw lenght, and draw weight. If all of these are good then you just need to time the cams. This is easy to do with a draw board at full draw. If your measurements are off then you should start from scratch. Remove the string and cables and measure each one to make sure they are the correct lenght when you install them, and this will bring the bow very close to spec.
x2.

#5 ·
I am glad I read this because I got a very simular question I already timmed my cams they are perfect I was wondering if I should put equal twist in each cable or take them out I am trying to get more speed. This is on a Elite GTO but same idea cam system. To your question sounds like you would have to twist the cable on the top cam.

#8 ·
You have to get the space equal between the Jhooks or modules. After acheving that you will want to put equal twist in both cables to keep the cams timed that will increase the weight but reduce the ATA so then you might have to take some twist out if the string.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.