Archery Talk Forum banner

OK....Now you can move on

1587 Views 74 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  Mr. Black Magic
Move on to what you ask.....

Indoors :pukey:

It is O-fish-al now.....as of today the FIELD FORUM will ALLOW indoor talk:wink:

I got up this morning and it was 50 degrees....outdoors is now over :chortle:
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

· Registered
2,380 Posts
Its cold outside. That is bad news for you Hornet. Your position on the Field archery forom has now be terminated. For the mere mention that Field Archery Season is over. Did I not shoot Field Archery all 12 months of the year last year. Shot my best field scores of my life during that infamous 20 yard shooting season.
I must confess I did set up my big ole logs yesterday and shot several at a five dot. I am already burned out on it when does April get here.

· Registered
34,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its cold outside. That is bad news for you Hornet. Your position on the Field archery forom has now be terminated. For the mere mention that Field Archery Season is over. Did I not shoot Field Archery all 12 months of the year last year. Shot my best field scores of my life during that infamous 20 yard shooting season.
I must confess I did set up my big ole logs yesterday and shot several at a five dot. I am already burned out on it when does April get here.
It's never really over for me...we have had this talk before:wink:

BUT up this way and most other parts of the country....all outdoor shoots will be over VERY shortly if not already....

Besides I can't stop all you goobers from talking indoors....so I figured I would open the season before I have to start pushing the "Red Button":D

· Administrator
65,646 Posts
It's time.. was 45 here this morning when I headed uptown.. hunting on Saturdays from now thru the end of Jan, focus on form and learn me some Dynamic Tension during the Tuesday night leagues... :D

I smell a bunch of 300's brewin up this winter... :becky: :cheers:

· Registered
1,175 Posts
It's time.. was 45 here this morning when I headed uptown.. hunting on Saturdays from now thru the end of Jan, focus on form and learn me some Dynamic Tension during the Tuesday night leagues... :D

I smell a bunch of 300's brewin up this winter... :becky: :cheers:
Jesus man, you folks never heard of a fleece or sweater down there!:wink:

· Administrator
65,646 Posts
Well then that leaves Monday to Friday for you to explore the New Miracle of Goretex clothing:D:
:ROFLMAO: Goretex is for women who melt.. too noisy for the high pressured Eastern whitetails.. besides.. I leave at first light and get home at dusk M-F.. :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Sounds like time for some more vacation time, eh? :ROFLMAO: :wink:

· Registered
1,175 Posts
:ROFLMAO: Goretex is for women who melt.. too noisy for the high pressured Eastern whitetails.. besides.. I leave at first light and get home at dusk M-F.. :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Sounds like time for some more vacation time, eh? :ROFLMAO: :wink:
Silent Goretex has been around for years. If hunters would crawl out of Cabelas and BPS and have a look at some of the Technical stuff out there you'd be amazed what you'd find. Besides I heard camo is now the new pink for chicks:wink: Crissakes it's showing up in Paris fashion shows:eek:

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
Move on to what you ask.....

Indoors :pukey:

It is O-fish-al now.....as of today the FIELD FORUM will ALLOW indoor talk:wink:

I got up this morning and it was 50 degrees....outdoors is now over :chortle:
WHAT??? :eek:

I asked a simple question back in Aug. about getting some indoor arrows prepared and I was threatened to be BANNED.

In fact the BH himself made this statement:
"No indoors till after Turkey day..."

Just because your nipples stood on end when you went out this morning doesn't mean outdoor is over!

· Registered
7,320 Posts
What the heck are you guys talking bout....it was a very nice 80deg today. :noidea:

I have a great indoor question.....What spine should I get for the 2712's i'll be shooting from my 20lb olympic recurve? Do you think pinpoints will make a difference for me??? 500 or 600g points???

· Registered
2,637 Posts
I feel sorry for you folks in the colder parts of the country. Our best outdoor shooting is just getting started.

The State FITA Field championship is coming up Oct 18 & 19 and there will be another FITA Field on Feb 13 & 14. A marked 3D trail shoot is scheduled for Dec 6 & 7. There will be 3 or 4 Senior Olympics events (American 900 round) as well as several FITA 900s. My club is putting on 2 combined field shoots (Nov 30 & Mar 29) plus the State NFAA Field championship in April.

Oh yea, the state FITA Indoor is in Jan and the NFAA Indoor championship in Feb. LOL - almost forgot about indoor shooting. (smile)

Dave

· Administrator
65,646 Posts
Sure Dave, go ahead.. rub it in.. :frusty: :chortle:

I'm jealous.. our outdoor events are all but over after this weekend in the MidAtlantic region, but.. it's hunting season, so many of us are just swappin out our bling for some stealth and continuing the archery outdoors season in Camo. :wink: :thumb: :tongue:

Glad to hear that it's still going strong in areas of the country that have an extended outdoor field season... :thumb: :tea:

· Registered
4,738 Posts
To the esteemed Brown Hornet:

I believe your pronouncement that outdoor season is over is somewhat pre-mature. Please be aware that any further talk of this nature will result in grass roots petition campaign calling for your ouster:tongue:. Please take this under advisement..

· Registered
2,026 Posts
What the heck are you guys talking bout....it was a very nice 80deg today. :noidea:

I have a great indoor question.....What spine should I get for the 2712's i'll be shooting from my 20lb olympic recurve? Do you think pinpoints will make a difference for me??? 500 or 600g points???
I shoot the 2712's the best advice I can give do not even worry about the spine for indoors, Now I did papertune and they papertune very nicely. I am using a 225 gt pt, but I am shooting a compound at 43 lbs.
It was only 62 here today!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.