Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The OKC Gun Club will be hosting a 3D tournament Saturday and Sunday. Registration is trickle start from 8AM to 3 PM both days. A shorter (loop) mostly shaded course will be set to include Morgan's Elusive Elk and five new McKenzie targets sponsored by Heartland Outdoors. Heartland Outdoors has also sponsored the new Long Shot Buffalo and will again be providing Door Prizes. The club will provide free Hebrew National Hot Dogs for lunch! A "traditional tough" wooden stake has been added to the menu and will be hidden somewhere in the vicinity of each target... This course will be set to provide a great warm-up or cool-down for those shooting the ASA State. Good luck to everyone and please enjoy a 3D shoot somewhere this weekend. Stratford is having a long bow shoot if you are a die hard or trad bow newbie. A google map with directions to most clubs can be found on our website okcgunclub.org/archery.

·
Registered
526 Posts
We will be there on Saturday. Should be great practice for State. Always a good shoot at the Gun club.
I can't wait to check out the Long shot.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
off saturday so i'll be there. Will be my first 3d shoot ever, so i'm pumped. Any hints or tips would also be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Christmas in July?

The Heartland Outdoors targets came in! 6 brand new McKenzies including the Long Shot Bison. Oklahoma Archery is on board as a sponsor. For Door Prizes We have 8 %15 off certificates for ANY item in the Archery department (except sale items) for Heartland Outdoors. We're working the details with Oklahoma Archery for what will probably be the equivalent of a %10 off accessories coupon for participating in a Gun Club shoot.

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Oklahoma Archery is offering a %10 discount on a single purchase of accessories to shooters who complete a 3D round at the Gun Club. For this shoot we will provide a unique scorecard to each shooter that can be presented at the store for the discount. H&H Shooting Sports has also ordered targets as part of a sponsorship package. We'll provide more details as they are finalized for the next shoot.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'll see you then. :D I will be at the range early on Sat to get things going, but I have to be in Yukon to help teach an IBEP course shortly thereafter and then I'll be back to close out Sat - I should be able to be at the range all day on Sunday. Aren't weekends for "relaxing"??

·
Registered
526 Posts
Great shoot guys. Perfect warmup for state. Thanks

·
12 ring's and P&Y's
5,346 Posts
Great shoot

My wife, 3.5 month old son, and I shot and this was a great setup. She shot a 174 with a zero and I shot a 188 and could not buy a 12 all day. Our little man had fun too. Enjoy some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,985 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thank You.

Thank you so much to everybody who came out and shot at the Gun Club today! As those who have ranges know, an awful lot of work goes into setting up a shoot and it is fantastic to receive positive feedback from the shooters. Recommendations for improvements are also welcome and well received. All the best to everyone, wherever you shoot!

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
We had a good time today, really liked the range set up... even though I missed one... :cry: still did pretty good...

Wish i had the nerve to shoot that Buffalo!

Good seeing everyone and finally meeting Dave. :thumbs_up

I want to nominate Gun Club for the Best Bathroom award! Wow, the ladies room was NICE!!!! Thank you!

·
Registered
514 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts