Archery Talk Forum banner

OK....with all the recent DOOM going on around.....WHO

4867 108
who is gonna still go and attend shoots this year....

better yet........lets list the shoots we are going to...and list those we are skipping that we attended last year and see how the DOOM and econ are effecting archery

i personally as of yet have not decided where im going.....

check that....i am going to attend as many of the NCFAA shoots as possible....just so i can put the whoppie on MAC and his imposters......

now for national events.....its all up in the air.....gas is too high...and i dont like the direction the airlines are going in...with this charge you out the butt for everything you are normally used to being included with the ticket price....

so the best answer to them all....dont use their new fangled products and ideas
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

· Registered
5,489 Posts
I'm planning on Vegas, and might make a golf trip out of it as well since I now have an in at Shadow Creek. Hate to see the bill for flying with 3 bags, two of which will be oversized. :eek:

I'll shoot a couple of the ASAs (Known 45 most likely), but don't know which ones as of yet.

I'll probably also shoot Louisville, along with Sectional and State events as schedule allows.

· Registered
8,686 Posts
who is gonna still go and attend shoots this year....

better yet........lets list the shoots we are going to...and list those we are skipping that we attended last year and see how the DOOM and econ are effecting archery

i personally as of yet have not decided where im going.....

check that....i am going to attend as many of the NCFAA shoots as possible....just so i can put the whoppie on MAC and his imposters......

now for national events.....its all up in the air.....gas is too high...and i dont like the direction the airlines are going in...with this charge you out the butt for everything you are normally used to being included with the ticket price....

I'm thinkin I'm going t lancasters

then the local ones

haven't decided about Mechanicsberg NFAA nationals. I guess I would have to join an ORG or two arrrggggg.... :)

· Registered
5,230 Posts
With the high price of fuel and the ASA shoots being so far away I will be forced to shoot IBO shoots if I shoot any Nationals at all. And I am a lifetime ASA Member.:eek::sad:

· Registered
4,347 Posts
If I can't drive I'm not going this coming year

Indoor Nationals is probabaly in

Yankton is In

Eveything else is out as of right now

This year eveything I planned pretty much got jacked last minute due to other commitments anyhow. Frankly the cost and hassle is not making it worth it these days

· Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm planning on Vegas, and might make a golf trip out of it as well since I now have an in at Shadow Creek. Hate to see the bill for flying with 3 bags, two of which will be oversized. :eek:

I'll shoot a couple of the ASAs (Known 45 most likely), but don't know which ones as of yet.

I'll probably also shoot Louisville, along with Sectional and State events as schedule allows.

ive played shawdow creek no less then 30 times....and all 30 were the ultimate in a golf experience....no other course can duplicate that experience...from the limo ride in ....to watching the pheasants scatter.....to the clubhouse and locker room....no telling whose locker you will get....

tell Mike (stick) i said hey....(the caddie)

or better yet.....get me in on that 4some and ill tell him myself

oh, i actually played like 15 rounds of golf the last two weeks....started out terrible...but the last couple rounds was on cruise control.....finished with 6 birdies the last day....2 on front nine and 4 on back nine.....and to no surprise...took home most of the cash:zip:

im in the mood for golf....i have a couple buddies from charlotte that are wanting to play......next week could work out for a standard trip.....wed or thurs fits their schedules best......so let me know....i have me and 2 you would be the 4th:wink:

· Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With the high price of fuel and the ASA shoots being so far away I will be forced to shoot IBO shoots if I shoot any Nationals at all. And I am a lifetime ASA Member.:eek::sad:
i think we are all in similar situations.....

perhaps the price of oil will continue to come down and allow us all the chance to get out more then we are hoping

If I can't drive I'm not going this coming year

Indoor Nationals is probabaly in

Yankton is In

Eveything else is out as of right now

This year eveything I planned pretty much got jacked last minute due to other commitments anyhow. Frankly the cost and hassle is not making it worth it these days
the hassle the airlines have created is gonna hurt them in the short and long end more then i think they are taking into account....

shoot well and post lots of photos for the rest of us to see

· Registered
960 Posts
None for me this indoor season..........

My indoor season is on hold till fall of 2009, due to upcoming rotator cuff, bow arm shoulder, surgery on Oct 17. Seems I have a nickle sized full penetration tear and an appropriatly sized bone spur that has caused the tear. I just barely limped through the outdoor season with increasingly more pain each time I shot.

Dean Pridgen and I have discussed my upcoming procedure and rehab so I'm well aware of what's going to happen and what's at stake.

Hopefully I'll be back to shooting in the spring and in pretty good shape by fall.

Wish you all a great hunting and indoor season.

SLash

· Registered
12,595 Posts
Well . . 2009 WAS going to be the year I hit Vegas . . . until airline/travel rates skyrocketed. So I think I will try LAS for the first time, and definitely Mechanicsburg. I'd like to do the Hillbilly but if it is 4th of July again I won't be able to. I'll be helping with JOAD Outdoor Nationals that weekend.

Other then that, I'll be playing it by ear. I'll try to hit the bigger local shoots and finally try a couple outdoor FITA events too.

· Independent Joe
5,224 Posts

Just another excuse to keep that crispie in your possession. I hope to see you in Vegas.:wink:

· Registered
2,115 Posts
high gas prices?

i dont understand why you guys think your gas prices are high? Up here in canada they are around $4.80/gallon the lowest in the USA i found today was around $2.80/Gallon...:confused:

we went to a shoot in montana last summer and couldnt belinve how cheap it was!

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
Well since I'm still in my first year of shooting, can't say much about any I attended last year. :wink:

Don't know if it fits into what you're asking, but the Hillbilly will most definitely be on my "must shoot" list. In addition planning to attend Lancaster and Mechanicsburg.

And, of course, all the NCFAA shoots - by spring I plan to do my part in loading OBT's other butt cheek with splinters. :tongue:

· Registered
14,726 Posts
It's like this OBT

I've never had any money and I'm going where you are going

So book us Vegas Because I already told the wife (we),,That be The Hood & OneBowTie are are going and get a none smoking room this time, cuz The Hood is a Quitter.......

and I plan on shroon hunting your range next April, Book that too:wink: and I'll take the no smoking room at the Hilton this time.

I plan hitting all the IBO's,NFAA's and 3 ASA's and 1 IFAA World, OBT You best get with it and quit worrying about how much it's gonna cost, cuz I'm splitting with you this year, all that smoking money I'm saving for us to show.............

The Biggest Quitter on AT,,THAT Be The Hood

· Registered
2,380 Posts
I will be making my customary 20+ trips to the barn.
80 trips to Carolina Outdoors
Several NCFAA Shoots
Where ever the quest to beat down the 'ginnys take me.
LAS - Tuscoarora ( you know Hinkys place) on the way
Hopefully Louisville seems to never work with my work schedule
Hill Billy
Mechanicburg

· Registered
812 Posts
I will try make as many locals shoots I can.
Try to make it to the barn a time or two.
Louisville definitely
Mechanicsburg is in the plans but nothing is definite:wink:
I am going to try and support some shoots down south in NC

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.