Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okc gun club is hosting a traditional only shoot May 15th and 16th. We have over $2000 in prizes including a Black Widow bow and a Samick bow! Bows will be given away by a drawing from scorecards. This shoot has "traditionally" resulted in over 400 rounds shot. For an idea of how Awesome the people who shoot this are - one of our club volunteers talked me into shooting a round with his custom built recurve and then lent it to me for two weeks to use in the traditional shoot!!! I haven't had that " it is something new, great and exciting" to be in the woods feeling since my first bow hunt. Please remember Trosper is having a benefit shoot and quail springs is hosting an ASA qualifier Saturday. Look forward to meeting some new friends and not being kinda in charge. More details are available at www.okcgunclub.org/archery

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oops, Quail Ridge in Tecumseh is having the Archery shoot.... Quail Springs is the shopping mall where the wife and daughters spend their weekends :D :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been practicing, I can keep em all on the bag at 20yds :D :D The wife says that if I win the black widow it is hers... Is that fair?? :D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WooHOO! This is Fun! No misses on the deer at 30 yds! And from 20, 25, 30 16/21 in the vitals (3/7 body blows at 30 :D ) I hope the beginner's luck lasts! Now if the rain and 'nadoes will stay away......

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WooHOO! This is Fun! No misses on the deer at 30 yds! And from 20, 25, 30 16/21 in the vitals (3/7 body blows at 30 :D ) I hope the beginner's luck lasts! Now if the rain and 'nadoes will stay away......

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Borrow one from Sid, I hear he has a few..... Can you imagine being excited about keeping all your arrows in the target at 30yds? :D I may finally evolve, although I don't think I can give up the need for speed quite yet, but it sure is fun to watch those big feathers track into the vitals!

·
has been that never was
14,362 Posts
I'm seriously thinking if I keep shooting 3D, it will be with a trad setup. I hate aiming at virtually nothing, it brings back my target panic. A quick fire trad bow might be just the answer.. :thumb:

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not alot of time to fine tune when holding full draw weight :D
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The weather is looking pretty wet.... We're thinking about making this a two weekend festival some prizes this weekend and some next. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Sounds good to me. Just more oppurtunities to shoot. Stick bows, I can't wait.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Folks are showing up! Rain is holding off.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The weather today was great! It will stay a one weekend shoot as scheduled. Drawings will start after the last group finishes tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not sure who started the rumor that our shoot was cancelled, but that is FALSE and if it was done intentionally, pretty low. We support all other clubs and have a good relationship with Trosper and will continue to maintain it. Hope to see more shooters at our club and at Trosper tomorrow to support a good cause, our family will start there in the morning. For the drawings at the Gun Club - you must be present to win and each round shot (except money class) earns you a chance in all of the drawings. Good shooting to all.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As of now, everybody who shot will win a prize if present at the drawing.... Odds are so much better than powerball to win a custom Black widow!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts