Archery Talk Forum banner

Oklahoma hunting tread.

5553 Views 167 Replies 53 Participants Last post by  M-1
No luck here. Just wanted some Oklahoma reorts.
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

· Registered
308 Posts
None here either. Got a buddy in Ada who has 3 already. Hopefully we will get a cold snap soon almost all my movement is at night.

· Registered
942 Posts
27 point non-typical

A Monster ... Did I say, "MONSTER" non -typical 27 point, 175# buck was taken at 7:00pm last night in OKLAHOMA. This will hit high in the books. It is so increddible that I cant even attempt to score it. It will break the 200" mark. Pitcures are coming this morning. Way to go David Nance, JP Archery, Sapulpa Oklahoma. It's hanging in my machine shop. First blood trail "EVER" threw the front office. I have never seen a buck of this quality in person.

:darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer:

· fall at last
3,261 Posts
A Monster ... Did I say, "MONSTER" non -typical 27 point, 175# buck was taken at 7:00pm last night in OKLAHOMA. This will hit high in the books. It is so increddible that I cant even attempt to score it. It will break the 200" mark. Pitcures are coming this morning. Way to go David Nance, JP Archery, Sapulpa Oklahoma. It's hanging in my machine shop. First blood trail "EVER" threw the front office. I have never seen a buck of this quality in person.

:darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer::darkbeer:
You got me droolin' - get those pics up!! :darkbeer:

I'd love to see it in person, you in Sapulpa?

· Registered
181 Posts
Shot a nice doe. Have seen lots of does. Passed on a pretty nice 8 point at the MAAP controlled hunt yesterday evening, but if he comes by tonight, I might take a shot.

· Oklahoma bowhunter
1,525 Posts
3 slick heads on the ground thus far. Shot two thursday night and one last week, had a couple decent bucks in, passed on one hoping for a little bigger before seasons end and the other gave a 46 yard opportunity and I figured he would get closer and didn't, either way, good job guys and keep em' fallin

· Registered
5,984 Posts
Saw a real nice 8 this morning. He was about 4 steps from being dead. I guess he knew to stay in the brush. Oh well, he will make a mistake. I had 8 does within 15-30 yards in the food plot, decided I didn't want to mess with it this morning.

It was nice to actually see some antler.

· Registered
1,373 Posts
Went out last night, watched a nice 8 destroy a tree. I grunted at him and he came running in. Then he came back out of the woods chasing a doe a few minutes later. She wasn't having it yet but he was grunting every step. He was just a little too small to shoot.

· Registered
308 Posts
Shot a spike 2 weeks ago. Missed a nice 9 point Sat. morning opening day of muzzleloader. Passed a small buck last night. They are starting to move pretty good now.

· Registered
1,267 Posts
Shot a doe second day of bow....I've seen plenty of does. Got two monsters on my trail cams but they are coming in after dark. Most of the time at 3:30 in the morning. I hunt in Romona and they just have not been moving at all until late at night. I'm getting so frustrated!:mad:

· Registered
1,454 Posts
Seen several does, but not within bow range. Let a fork-horn walk Sunday morning. Bring on the cold weather!

· Registered
4,097 Posts
Seen maybe 35 does since the start and only two bucks. Have hunted 14 days of the season.

Got a nice 6 pointer a couple weeks ago.

The hunting is going to get good real soon.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.