Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to purchase a new climber in the next few days, i am leaning hard towards the alumilite grand cts, any of you owned both the multi vision grand and the alumilite grand?? The oval tube is making me think it would be more convienient but i am wondering if the older design is more reliable or easy to use. I have read that guys modified the straps that connects the two halfs so you can get more extension between the two halfs and cover more tree at a time... easy to do/worthit? For those that will say get a treewalker, no thanks... the only other make/model i was considering was a summit goliath. thanks

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
Have not used the multi or the aluminum model...I have been hunting out of the original since 1994, and have killed about 100 deer out of it. Couldn't be easier to use.

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
I've used an original Grand Ol Man climber for the past 15yrs or so. Other than the heavy weight (about 30lbs), I can't imagine a better climber. I think between the two you are looking at, you'd like the Multi Vision Grand better than the CTS just due to the platform. The mesh metal platform is great in all weathe conditions. I'd think the CTS one could get slick with the wider slat style platform. I'd also look at the Pro Series (aluminum) Grand Multi Vision. It's only like 21lbs total weight and is still rated to 300#. That's my incentive right now to lose a little weight. I want to get one of those BAD. It's got to be the bomb stand. And they even make it in camo now. Pricey but NICE!!

Dawg

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
great stands. I bought one three years ago. the net mesh seat is comfy for all day sits. the price was better than any other stand when I bought mine too.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've used an original Grand Ol Man climber for the past 15yrs or so. Other than the heavy weight (about 30lbs), I can't imagine a better climber. I think between the two you are looking at, you'd like the Multi Vision Grand better than the CTS just due to the platform. The mesh metal platform is great in all weathe conditions. I'd think the CTS one could get slick with the wider slat style platform. I'd also look at the Pro Series (aluminum) Grand Multi Vision. It's only like 21lbs total weight and is still rated to 300#. That's my incentive right now to lose a little weight. I want to get one of those BAD. It's got to be the bomb stand. And they even make it in camo now. Pricey but NICE!!

Dawg
Isn't the steel multi vision grand rated for 300 pounds aswell?? the new style platform is supposed to be more silent than the old design... as for the slick part i planned on adding skate board tape... adhesive backed sand paper.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I just purchased t alumalite a couple of weeks ago. Got a sweet deal through poorfish.com, $170. So far I like everything about it. Except the way t gun rail/foot rest sticks out during transport. It is very easy to pack, but you have stretch out the seat to make it easier to pack the bottom section into the top section. I am hoping that there are not any slipping issues .

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
Isn't the steel multi vision grand rated for 300 pounds aswell?? the new style platform is supposed to be more silent than the old design... as for the slick part i planned on adding skate board tape... adhesive backed sand paper.
The newer steel ones are rated for 300. The original ones (like I have) were 400 (I'm 6' 4"/340). I really don't see how the CTS platform could possibly be quieter. Mine makes absolutely ZERO noise. But it's an older one. Maybe the newer ones do??? Skateboard tape is good for ladder rungs but I wouldn't want it on my platform. It can definitely make noise with the right boots. Just my opinions bro. They're great stands and I'm sure you'll love either model.

Dawg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts