Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Not enough to get rid of my 2012 Element and buy a 2014. I do like the look of ones better.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
I shot the 2013 g5 and the carbon 30 back to back.
New carbons supposedly have a stiffer center bridge section in the riser. They are a bit more streamline with the squared carbon tube look than the rounded tube riser.
WAY smoother z5 cam design, and seem to have a better grip angle, hold really stable, do not seem to need much stabilization but that depends on the components you slap on there.
Both old and new shoot DEAD, DEAD DEAD in hand.

Not a whole lot of difference except the riser, cams. Geometry is changed of course with a 30,33 and 34 ata bow.
The 30 really does hold quite well. and the string angle on the z5 cam at 28 and 28.5" lets the string tough the tip of my beek. I think its due to the z5 cam being a bigger all around cam which actually lessens the string angle. At least that is the way they felt to me. Im quite pleased with the way the 30 shot but need to shoot the 34 and 33" turbo before I pay the rest on my chouce. The 30 is only 8fps slower than the turbo @ IBO. THat is not much at all.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Price! A buddy and I shot my Element RKT beside the CS 30 and it was a draw really, certainly not night and day differences (other than looks). Pretty hard for a company to make huge (even moderate) improvements each year other than a redress and rename. If you can stand shooting an old, outdated bow then buy a 2013 closeout and save some cash. I just picked up 2 unfired NIB 2013 Matrix G3 to my door for $1800. A pair of 2014's CS would have run me over $2700+.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Not enough to get rid of my 2012 Element and buy a 2014. I do like the look of ones better.
Agree with the first part, but not the second.....a buddy has a '14 and in person it just looks a touch "busier". Also, I swear it's (2014) heavier....similar sights, stabs.

G

1 - 6 of 6 Posts