Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, as the title says - I've got an old Darton Wrangler and I need a shorter draw length. According to the sticker on the bow, Cam #3 - 27" is what I need. At the local archery section at Bass Pro Shops, the gentleman said that a 27" would probably suit me a lot better.

Question is, the friend that gave it to me mentioned he had this bow before his daughter was born. Shes 16 :D lol so its a bit old from what I can tell. Anyone know where I can get this cam to shorten the length?

Thanks!

·
Registered
523 Posts
The Wrangler cam had modules that you maybe able to get somewhere. Call Darton.

I think it was a Mark III or IV cam.

Joe

·
Registered
523 Posts
The Wrangler cam had modules that you maybe able to get somewhere. Call Darton.

I think it was a Mark III or IV cam.

Joe

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
It may be old but the Wrangler was a fine bow in it's day...still is. It had real good speed for it's time and quite accurate. I'll bet the guys at Darton will help you out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked on ebay for a Darton Wrangler, no hits! Im kinda screwed if Darton doesn't support this bow anymore huh? =/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet okay I'll look into that... perhaps its even the number I have already I dunno. Regardless they're closed weekends so I'll report back monday lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone know where I can get that 27" Cam mark 3? Darton didn't have it in stock... I'd really like to use this bow but its very uncomfortable =S

·
Registered
9,314 Posts
Does this bow have synthetic cables, or steel?

If it has the old steel cables, make sure the string on both ends is in the slot that is farthest into the cam to shorten it up as much as possible. Put the cables into the longest slot on the draw adjustment disk. Those two things will shorten the draw as much as possible. If it has synthetic string and cables, twist the string as much as you need to shorten the draw, and possibly take twists out of the cable. You shorten draw by tightening the string and loosening the cables.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts