Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded some arrows for a MQ1. Ordered green/white Superior strings,(awesome). Tore it completely down and greased and cleaned everything. 70 lb 29" at 80% letoff. Got it all set up and took it out to shoot. Was expecting a lot of vibe and noise, but it shot fantastic! No wonder these bows are considered one of the best! Anyone else have this bow and like it as much as I do? Just thought I'd share.
image.jpg

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Go figure it's sideways, ugh!

·
Registered
225 Posts
That's awesome I got an old icon cheap a few weeks ago. It is very accurate and smooth I'm going to do some work to it and shoot some 3d with it!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Traded some arrows for a MQ1. Ordered green/white Superior strings,(awesome). Tore it completely down and greased and cleaned everything. 70 lb 29" at 80% letoff. Got it all set up and took it out to shoot. Was expecting a lot of vibe and noise, but it shot fantastic! No wonder these bows are considered one of the best! Anyone else have this bow and like it as much as I do? Just thought I'd share.
View attachment 3653882
I have owned many Mathews over the years, but my all time favorite was the MQ1. wish I never sold that bow.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's awesome I got an old icon cheap a few weeks ago. It is very accurate and smooth I'm going to do some work to it and shoot some 3d with it!
I plan on shooting/hunting with this a lot. I love old Mathews bows. Now I need to track down my old Q2XL

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have owned many Mathews over the years, but my all time favorite was the MQ1. wish I never sold that bow.
I can't believe how good it shoots! This bow must've been light years ahead of everything else out at that time.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MQ1 is my all time favorite bow!! Wish I still had mine...
The bows I regretted selling were the mq1, switchback, q2xl and z7. Still looking for the z7 n q2xl.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Just don't go too old school. My solocam and VX Pro where quite finicky and had quite a bottom kick. When I sold my Featherlite and got a Feathermax, things got better. Nock travel didn't but the kick was reduced by the perimeter weighted cam. I honestly don't miss those bows.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I own one. It was a game changing bow for the company. It's like what Neil Armstrong is to NASA.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The bows I regretted selling were the mq1, switchback, q2xl and z7. Still looking for the z7 n q2xl.
New to Archery talk and happened to come across your comment.... I have a close friend with a Q2xl. I can ask him if hes willing to sell it if your interested.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I still own and occasionally shoot my original Q2XL that I bought new. I owned a MQ1 when they first came out and it served as my spot bow for a couple of seasons. Sometimes after shooting some of those old bows I really question all this "progress" we talk about. LOL

·
I kill it to eat it !
3,169 Posts
i miss my sq2 and DXT

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Go figure it's sideways, ugh!
that happens to me too, BUT there'a a way to fix it. I run a Mac. I open the picture in an app called Preview, rotate it around in a cirlcle, re-save. Now when you post it to AT it will be orientated correctly. I'm willing to bet the PC app Paint will do the same.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts