Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
I am shooting a 2006 old glory but today I took my fathers old Browning xcelerator out of the case just to look at. Wow how things have changed. I think it was a 1989 bow. It braught back some memories because my first bow was a Browning Timberwolf from the same year that I wish I still had.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I still use a Golden Eagle Formula 3D for hunting and 3D, it is I believe a 1993 model and I also get out my Bear Whitetail Hunter (70's) just for fun.

·
Registered
354 Posts
1997 Hoyt Enticer.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Just sold an XI Legacy (sister bow to the flatliner)...bought it brand new in 1993....before that I had a PSE Pulsar which I have no idea how old that one was...

I still have a HCA 4Runner and a Mathews MQ1

·
Registered
510 Posts
Jennings Model T- Old Bears...

I have an old Jennings Model T circa 1973-74, that I like to shoot just for kicks now and then.

My wife shoots a Bear Kodiak hunter recurve and a Bear 76er recurve from about 1976-77.

All three bows still shoot well and are fun to mess with...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a couple

I have a Darton Lightning that I use as my backup. Early 90s I think. Its still a good shooter. I also I have a Bear Whitetail Hunter I've been tinkering with.

·
Registered
18,077 Posts
Capin has a Martin Shadowcat and a mahews slovation, but is thinking of hunting with his OLD Martin Maverick. I can't remember when it was made, but it's OLD

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I have an old Oneida H250 that I still use for indoor target shooting. It looks a little strange with a long rod and 'V' bar and twins and sight right out the front, all done in metalic green. Usually these bows are camo and short stab.

·
Registered
438 Posts
southerngirl said:
Capin has a Martin Shadowcat and a mahews slovation, but is thinking of hunting with his OLD Martin Maverick. I can't remember when it was made, but it's OLD
My favorite bow of all time was a Martin Maverick 3d. It got stolen about 5 years ago.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
MY Hoyt Provantage @ 44"A-A,9 1/2" BRACE , 60 % LET OFF ,HAS ENGERY WHEELS ,JUST CANT GIVE THIS BOW UP !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
18,077 Posts
bbarnett51 said:
My favorite bow of all time was a Martin Maverick 3d. It got stolen about 5 years ago.
Capin sure loves his! He has updated the limbs and cams on it o the X system

·
Registered
196 Posts
older bows

Both of my bows are PSE Durango Lite from 1999

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
PSE Carroll Marauder II - 1996 I believe. Jumpy as all get out - still catch it in my fingertips but it hits 2" spots at 20 and 30 yards with broadheads regularly if I do my part. It'll be in the stand with me opening morning.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Believe it or not, the fastest bow I have or which may actually exist in the world is an old XI velocity extreme bought around 98. XI was ahead of its time and died due to factors essentially beyond its control. The VE was the most brutally efficient bow ever made, brace height in negative numbers and the response curve basically just a straight line, limbs preformed, limb tips basically just moved in and out a tiny bit like modern parallel bows. That bow is presently in for an upgrade to cable guard and bushings to try to bring it to 2006 standards and shoot HCA arrows. Notably it makes no unusual noises shooting HCA arrows, and shoots them very, very fast.

One thing I notice is that you almost never see any of the XI bows made after about 96 being sold on ebay. Guys are keeping them.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts