Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really leaning towards an Obsession Addiction/Phoenix or one of the 2015's after selling my Hoyt Maxxis a few months back. Got rid of the Hoyt because I hated the draw cycle. I thought it had a very short valley, and always felt like it wanted to fly. I want smooth with a solid back wall, and I keep hearing thats exactly what you get with Obsessions!

I did a search and I couldnt find what I was looking for, so if this has been answered already, I apologize. I read somewhere that OA would build custom ordered bows using older cam models? A 2014 Addiction with 2012 or 2013 cams to make the bow faster or smoother? Anybody hear this as well, and can you explain what the differences between cam models are? I have a 31" DL, and I want to shoot 65-70 with IBO around 340 while keeping the draw as smooth as possible.

Thanks in advance for the info!

·
Hunt By Faith Not By Site
6,233 Posts
I wonder if Phoenix Cams could be placed on a 2013 Addiction. 28" draw.

·
Dirty North Archery
2,187 Posts
You want to go the other way around. Not older cams on the 14 Addiction, but newer. The 14 addiction came standard with the 2013 Lethal Force 2 cams. Many people were getting the bows built with the Evolution cam, the cam that was standard on the 2014 Phoenix and Evolution. Doing this build will get you close to a 340 rating and be smooth as silk.

They were calling these bows Evodictions. Or you could just wait for the 2015 Addiction with new riser, updated limb platform, and the new Fusion cam!

·
Hunt By Faith Not By Site
6,233 Posts
I have a 2013 Addiction with a 28" draw. I have the short draw cams. I want to know if there are any options for newer cams for my draw length. I want to keep the let off at 80% and same smooth draw feel as my Phoenix. I shot a 2013 Addiction with the LF Cams set at 28 1/2" with the draw stop post moved to fit my draw better. The problem was I had was the bow wanted to go if I creep forward any. The let off was not really what I wanted because of that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts