Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, newbie to the forum and looking for good Darton bow advice. I grew up shooting Darton and my dad shoots Dartons as well. My old Darton is at home as a kind of family bow (there are 5 kids, all relatively tall with similar draw lengths) and is frequently a summer marker of who is a better shot when we are all together.

I am looking to get a Darton of my own to use for hunting and summer shooting and I saw a CL ad for an old '96 Renegade. Comes with 50-60# limbs and 60-70# limbs. It has some other extras which are +/- to me and seems to have been used well throughout its life.

The asking price is $125 and I am wondering if anyone has some information on this model and if it is worth it to take a flier on a 24 year old bow. I am happy to replace the strings and I would likely shoot it at 60-65lb with a 29.5 in draw.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Nope. You have to have module to change the draw length and you might have problems finding them. I certainly wouldn't pay $125 for it when you can buy a mid 2000's model bow for about the same price! Maverick, Tundra, Magnum Extreme, etc would be much, much better bows for about the same about of money.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Good advice given!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts