Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!.....Anyone on here ever shoot the older Hoyt "Saber" single cam??...If so, please tell Me the good and the bad about this single cam set-up....Also, if anyone has shot this cam without the draw stop peg, was the back wall spongy? I have a set that I'd like to try on my Hoyt Pro Elite...I'm actually hoping for a soft back wall.......Thanks in advance.........Harperman

·
Maaaaaahh......THWACK!
2,691 Posts
I shot a 200? 1 or 2 I think

Ultra tec with the Saber cam. Mine did not have a draw stop peg and I recall a solid wall on the back end. I think the one I had was only 65% letoff and it was not fast at all, but it drove tacks and was smooth drawing. Good luck.

·
7 Time pHp Camp Champion
7,244 Posts
I shot that cam system on an UltraTec. It was awesome! IMHO, the best single cam system they ever had (Saber and Excel were the same, they came out w/ the dual track idler wheel in '02 and renamed the Saber cam the Excel cam). It was faster than advertised too. Can't comment about shooting it without the peg though. I want as hard a wall as I can get, so I never even consider removing them.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, fella's!...These cams came off of an '03 UltraTec, I was thinking about putting them on my Pro Elite, and want the soft back wall to shoot Fingers with...I did a search on here for these cams, and the posts that I read seemed to say that the Excel/Saber cams are easy to tune, and draw smoothly...I was hoping that the back wall would be soft enough to pull through a Clicker though.....The size of this Idler wheel, and bottom cam would also add to the over all length a bit, which might be a good thing also....Thanks again...Harperman

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Had and sold sabers on pro and cybertec..........great cam. Mimics the straight lines from other company with no P weight. I like the draw stop pin to move letoff and draw.

As long as it has the single track idler it is a great setup. If it has the dual track then it is a rounded cam and a half.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts