Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sitting at the airport waiting for our flight to San Diego. Let the "gray hair" days begin. Woohoo! I wanted to wish all the archers who are competing a big "Good Luck". We'll take pictures and try to post each evening about the days goings on, for friends and family that might not be able to make it.

More later,
Julie

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're here at the training center, the field looks good. Already some archers here practicing. The weather is nice, cooler than Az, which makes me smile. A bit breezy, a few clouds in the sky. Everything is sooo green. I'm so used to granite, this is a nice change. Everyone seems to relaxed, that'll probably change in a few days. We'll post some pics this evening.

Julie

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
hey Julie....

wish Brady good luck from all of us..

The Lorenti's

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll pass that along, Thanks. The breeze turned into a nice wind, just gotta love the wind. The practice field is right next to and slightly down from main competition field. So the practice conditions will be very similar to shooting on the main field. We didn't take too many photos, due to low battery, that will be corrected for tomorrow. I'll post pictures after that. We went and hit some golf balls this afternoon. Now out to dinner and some visiting.

Julie

·
Genesis 21:20
22,536 Posts
Julie,

Tell Brady not to cut Butch or Vic any slack - they need somone to keep them on their toes! :wink:

I wish him the best, as well as the rest of the shooters there. I am hoping to see some great scores.

John.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it rained a little last night. Was cold and windy this morning. The only brave souls were Jason, Butch, Vic & joy. Brady came down once the sun decided to come out, off and on. Dan & Shawn were next. It was pretty windy with gusts 14 to 20 mph. Wind gage meters come in handy. Everyone was done before noon. Some sooner than others. I think just about all the archers are here or will be by tomorrow. Will post some pics as soon as camera charger arrives, it's with the grandparents.
More later,
Julie

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Thanks for all the updates Julie! Great stuff having someone keep us up to date and nearly live at that :)

Tell Brady and the rest of the crew I wish them luck.

Cheers,
Pete

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK...here is link to our website. Pictures from Sat and Sun are now posted. There were only a few archers when we were there. I'm sure that will all change today. Both Mel nd I have cameras, with fully charged batteries, so we should be able to get everyone...not just Brady....I promise! There is wireless on the field, so I'll try and post what's happening, at the breaks. We're off to the field now.
More Later,

http://web.mac.com/meljulienichols/Site/Welcome.html

Julie

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thanks Julie!!

Hope the weather behaves better for y'all this week. Good luck everyone! Go get 'em, Brady!!

See you soon!

-peace,
Hollywood

·
Registered
536 Posts
Rock on Brady. Keep shooting like a stud.

Thanks for keeping us up to date Julie.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Go Get Em Lori

Best of Luck Lori!!!! Shoot well! I'll be cheering for you! I know Jamie is pulling for you too.

Lance Van Natta

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Anyone know where we're going to be able to see results or even a feed of the competition?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I imagine the results will be posted on USA Archery site, if not, we'll post them. I will try and put standings up during the lunch breaks. Pictures from yesterday are on our site. Yesterday morning was beautiful. Sunny and barely a breeze. Not as many archers took advantage of the conditions in the morning. By noon the wind was back. Not all the archers were here, or they just didn't come shoot. I am sure they will all be here for Official practice. Today is chilly, overcast and windy. The clouds are supposed to burn off this afternoon. We're heading to the range now.
More later,
Julie

1 - 20 of 79 Posts