Archery Talk Forum banner

Omen add takes shot at Monster.

4373 Views 99 Replies 74 Participants Last post by  IL 88
Saw the new PSE Omen add yesterday that had a picture of a speedometer pegged and busting the glass past 360 fps. Same speedometer that Mathews used in their Monster and Reezen adds. Tite went something to the affect of, "An expensive add gone bad" or something close to that.

Thought it was pretty funny non the less.:cool:
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

· Registered
1,946 Posts
Yeah....that really makes me want to run out and buy that bow:rolleyes:

PSE should try to come up with a better ad.....rather than jabbing the competition. Kind of looks bad in my opinion, and is kind of flattering to Mathews.
(I don't shoot a PSE or Mathews....just my opinion)

· Registered
2,486 Posts

PSE should try to come up with a better ad.....rather than jabbing the competition. Kind of looks bad in my opinion, and is kind of flattering to Mathews.
Yeah i agree it isnt the best advertising method if you ask me.. But you gota admit its pretty frickin hillarious :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
1,117 Posts

what about the bowtech add...one one about golf clubs....do you know what bow line they are making fun of?

· Registered
395 Posts
why do you think this is bashing, he is merely pointing out an ad he thought was funny...which it kind of is. All the whining about bashing is ridiculous, who cares if somebody doesn't like the bow you shoot, want to shut them up, out shoot them.
Way too many thin skinned sensititve archer types running around here.
A funny add is a funny add.

· Just beat Terry Club
9,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I looked at it as funny and also as a complimnet to Mathews. Kinda like the motor cycles that are trying to make their bikes look and sound like Harleys. It's basically a HUGE compliment to Harleys.

In comparing their bow or add to something of Mathews it is a complimnet in that they are somewhat saying that Mathews has set the bar and we are either at the bar or tryting to raise the bar that Mathews has set.

Compliment in a way but still funny!:thumbs_up

· Registered
7,583 Posts
yeah c'mon guys. Quit being so personal about these bows. Its funny and even if i was making fun of hoyt i would still laugh. Its not like there picking out one of your family members. Sheesh.

· Registered
6,707 Posts
I dont shoot either and that add is hilarious, some of you guys take this stuff to serious.
+1. This stuff's not life-or-death. It's something we all enjoy but it ain't worth fightin' over everytime somebody pokes fun at your brand. Heck, that's half the fun. I like it when everybody in our group shoots a different brand of bow. No shortage of jokes going around then!!

Dawg

· Premium Member
5,888 Posts
I think it's kind of funny,as good healthy competition benefits al of us. The Omen I am sure is a reat bow. But if I were to judge the two by looks,the Monster would win hands down. That Omen is one fugly bow.:eek:

· Undocumented
18,203 Posts
Its all Business competition. No need for anybody to get there panties all bunched up. As long as they keep competing against each other for Quality and Speed. ( I'm not a speed freak) the people that will benefit from this friendly competition is us!.

· Registered
3,868 Posts
The add reminds of the Mathews add campaign a few years ago downing Hoyts split limbs and cam1/2 bows. Now I admit I thought that add was tasteless this one I find just funny.To be fair they are making fun of a add campaign and not the bow technology. I think both bows will do well just not my cup of beer.:beer:

· Registered
26 Posts
I think it is almost as funny as the add that plays in the bow madness show. They claim they "caught" mathews, but the reezen's IBO is still faster. I shoot a bowtech, but I dont really understand why pse would pay they money to make these ads that really dont make any sense, especially since the xlr8 will be much faster that 360. It seems like they are running a negative political campaign that makes them look uneducated.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.