Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Gunna GIG one..;0}
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I rarely post. I need some help and I have searched for about an hour without an answer so far. I have a PSE Omen Pro that I will be hunting with soon. I have always used Montecs in the past on my other bows under 300 fps. Well I have decided to go with T3s for fear that the Montec might plane a little. What I have is a 60lb bow at 29dl. My arrows are Victorys at 329 grains w broadhead or 100 grain tip. 329 grains at 331FPS is producing 80 lbs kinetic. They fly great with no issues at all. My worry is that the T3 might open early and cause a mi**** on the deer. I could go back to the Montec, but fear of planing and the bow is tuned for the T3s. I have practiced about six shot with the T3 blades without any problems so far. Just wondering what you guys think. Should I go to a crossbow broadhead or will I be ok at 330 fps.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Your set-up is fine. I am shooting the same bow with easton flatline arrows and both my broadheads strikers and T3's flyer great. G5 only recommends the red clips for crossbows

·
Registered
833 Posts
Proctor where have you been?? You should be fine at that speed with the T3's just make sure the blades are locked in good to to spider clip.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Shoot a slick trick! I have an omen and peak out around 310 and have had no issues out to 40 yards with them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
833 Posts
Shoot a slick trick! I have an omen and peak out around 310 and have had no issues out to 40 yards with them.

I dont think he was asking opinions on different Broad heads.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I agree with you . If shooting a fixed blade it would have to be slick tricks!!!
Yes sir they are sweet! Can't wait to see what they do this weekend! Sorry I jacked your thread poster but I mis read and thought you were asking what would be best to shoot. My apologies.

·
Gunna GIG one..;0}
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Blake, been busy. Working 3rd shift now. Also been at the shop helping because Justin has been busy. Playing with mama and the kids. Getting ready for gigging season Saturday for the last few Sundays. Been real busy.
Yeah Im ready for the season, but I hate new things. Gonna give the T3s a try this year. Montecs have always been my passion though. GL also Saturday.

·
Gunna GIG one..;0}
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh and thanks guys....definately gonna use them. Im new to T3s and wanted a little speed guidance.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Have you shot the Montecs out of it? I shoot them out of mine, and Have not had any issues with them at all.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I've shot montecs out of my omen well over 330 and haven't had any flight problems what so ever. I'm now shooting magnus buzz cutz at 332 with no issues.

·
Gunna GIG one..;0}
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have probably only about 8-10 shots and they are about 3-4 in from my field points. Normally they fly exact in the past. Im thinking the speed is moving the fixed blade a little. The T3s are flying perfect to the field points.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I have probably only about 8-10 shots and they are about 3-4 in from my field points. Normally they fly exact in the past. Im thinking the speed is moving the fixed blade a little. The T3s are flying perfect to the field points.
It means you need to adjust your rest a little.

·
Gunna GIG one..;0}
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've shot montecs out of my omen well over 330 and haven't had any flight problems what so ever. I'm now shooting magnus buzz cutz at 332 with no issues.
Wow....that is very good to know. The montecs fly great out of my Monster, CRX35, Elite Pure, but not the Omen. The bow seems to be tuned great, actually very easy tuning with a linbdriver. Very little effort.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
if you are worried about your t3s opening up, get the red clips for cross bows. However I assure you that you will be fine i shoot them out of my monster with out any issues

1 - 18 of 18 Posts