Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody notice their "Omen Pro" creaking when drawn,it's not a squeak or poping sound but a "creaking" sound kinda like extreme stress or like the sound of a sissal rope when pulled very tight by a winch? If so;got a cure????? Been doing it for the last couple thousand shots,sometimes not at all and sometimes worse than others,but bystanders can definately hear it on the 3d line and so could a deer probably.

·
THwack--CRASH
11,173 Posts
loosen the limb(5 turns or so) bolts then tighten back down.....

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried that just now,didn't help;it "creaked"backed of 5 turns and still creaks tightened back down.It does it ALL the way thru the draw cycle from the 1st inch all the way to the back wall.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Most pocket designs for split limbs do this when they're dry or if they get dirty. Pull the limbs and put a very thin layer of grease on the inside of the pockets, on the rockers and even behind the yoke bushings at the limb tips. Basically just clean everything then lube anything that contacts the limbs. Hoyt's have been doing this ever since they went to splits way back when, and now that others are going to splits they also seem to exhibit the same creaky, dry pocket behavior.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Buster,thats what I kinda thought;but was really hoping to avoid a total disessemble.Pain in the butt to have to do that ever so often!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Our tech at Cinnamon Creek ranch here in TX has been fixing a similar problem on a few model PSE's. I am not 100% sure what they are doing but I am sure if you give them a call they should be able to fill you in on what to do. 817-439-8998.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
There is a tech bulletin on this washers will fix the problem evo also and axe brass washer on outside and fiber on inside of pivot bolt i have fixed a few of them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts