Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided I needed a good light for next season, You know after dark, blood trailing, just whatever.
Decided that I liked my LED but needed more power.

I FOUND IT!!!

First light I picked up is the winner!!!

http://www.rayovac.com/flashlight/selux2aa3w-b.shtml

This thing is amazing.
My buddy **** hunts and is going to get one in case his 36V, belt mounted battery, 18 milllion candle power, cigarette lighting, spotlight goes out.
I just stepped out side and diverted air traffic with this thing.
Really though, I was clearly illuminating the tops of 50 foot trees that where like 30 yards from where I was standing.
You guys gotta try one of these.
Walmart, 25 bucks, bright as a SureFire, honestly. It is great. Get the 3 watt.

·
Registered
6,935 Posts
Seems to be a really nice flashlight but unless I'm wrong I don't think it has the capability to illuminate blood trails.Most flash lights with this feature are 45.00 plus dollars.I looked at them at Gander Mountain on Monday:)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Seems to be a really nice flashlight but unless I'm wrong I don't think it has the capability to illuminate blood trails.Most flash lights with this feature are 45.00 plus dollars.I looked at them at Gander Mountain on Monday:)
I never have found a flashlight that will "illuminate" a blood trial as they are advertised.

Everyone has their own opinion and this one is mine........ The best flashlight to track a deer or follow a blood trail with is the very brightest light you can carry. This light falls in that catagory, as do many of the Surefire, Streamlight and Nova compact flashlights

Again this is just my opinion, but I have never lost a deer

·
HHA products SUCK
14,155 Posts
I love me steramlight twin task TTR3c.

Camo
with gree and blue leds and a incan...

Plus its rechargable and like $50.

sorry, I'm blind right now from looking at how many leds of each color it had...damn.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you tried on of those lights?? seen the Gerber carnivore in action....stunk. Hear the Primos light is just as bad.
With a really bright light it is easier to see anything. You really want to see blood you can use that new product called BloodGlow. Basically same thing as the Luminol that forensic investigators use just not as high grade.

I never have found a flashlight that will "illuminate" a blood trial as they are advertised.

Everyone has their own opinion and this one is mine........ The best flashlight to track a deer or follow a blood trail with is the very brightest light you can carry. This light falls in that catagory, as do many of the Surefire, Streamlight and Nova compact flashlights

Again this is just my opinion, but I have never lost a deer
I agree with this man right here. I have heard a coleman lantern works well but they get hot and they ae bulky. The brighter the light the brighter the blood. The brighter the light the less chance I have of tripping on that one log I have never seen before. This light should do the trick. Very bright for 2 AA batteries.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Cheap and easy way to trail--- get a bottle of peroxide and put it in a spray bottle. Spray a little as you go the blood will kind of foam like it does if you use on a cut of your own then just about any quality flash light will work.
Although I kind of like the one on youtube that could come in handy on city hunts.

·
Custom callmaker
3,473 Posts
I have found led lights suck at showing the color red.

I did a test and the standard mag light shows a much better red then the led version. And this I have found thru out the led's I have.

They may be bright but they do suck for blood trailing.

I use a lattern and standard flashlight. And the smarter I get I learn to wait for daylight:wink:

·
Registered
551 Posts
G2 or G3 Nitrolon lights from Sure Fire are hands down the best for blood trailing and brightness of any flashlights out there. IMHO LED lights just aren't the right light spectrum for tracking, they are great for bill lights on hats for entering and exiting the woods and maybe battery life. I'll pay the difference for quality and realibility.

·
"GO BUCKS!!!"
6,595 Posts
I own several Sure Fire flashlights, They are expensive but well worth it!

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you want the absolute best flashlight and are willing to spend the extra money, just buy a Surefire. I own a G2 LED, it runs for 12 hours at 80 lumens. I have used plenty of other companies and I am convinced that Surefire is the best there is and I think that they are definately worth the money.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
G3 nitrolon is my "goto" flashlight everytime. i followed a guy with one of those bloodtracker lights. we finally told him, "turn that siht off!" we found the pig with regular bright flashlights. the tracker light would be fun, stoned wearing 3D glasses, tho.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I might have to get one to put in the pocket but for tracking a coleman lantern is only way to go for me...how many lumens don't know but it is a beaut.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts