Archery Talk Forum banner

Omg!!!

1505 Views 23 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  UCNYbowhunter
I came into work last week and had a message on my phone.....

Ofc. Kozuhowski please call us back we have way too many deer on our property. Thanks Mrs. Jones.

Well I call her back and take a ride after work.....Holy crap SWEET spot let me paint ya picture:

Small wood lot 7 achers thick woods lots med sized trees, w/ a few old growth hard woods. The ground has three seperate levels. I find beds and five sperate scrapes. Very fresh scrapes, I can smell deer urine in the fresh scraped up dirt!! I find 10-12 buck rubs from last year on decent sized trees. These rubs indicate rub line used for many years( trees have scares healed over, and then rubbed again)!:eek:

Now this property has not been hunted in over 10 years. It is surrounded by houses. I need to be very carefull of my target and beond. I was advised by Mrs. Jones that some of her neghbors are tree hungers and would not look kindly on me hunting.

Now there are few areas that are open enough for a shot. I don't want to do much trimming of shooting lanes. I can't hang perm tree stands. I am thinking
ground blind up close and personal deer hunting is the call for my new honey hole! Oh did I tell ya this is the only woods in the area:wink::wink:.

And not to pile it on too much, but yesterday I get a message from another property owner asking for help w/ deer on his property. I am going to buy a lottery ticket today. Wow things have changed for the better for this Bow hunter!!! Wish me luck.

Koz
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Classifieds Administrator
39,604 Posts
Congrats Koz on the honey holes you have found. Can't wait to see some success pictures from your new spots!

· Registered
2,588 Posts
perks of the job! I killed a doe last night on some property that I obtained pretty much the same way. Farmer had too many deer and the last people he gave permission to took advantage of it so he wanted someone to hunt/patrol the area.

· crossbows are archery :)
7,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys!

My hunting buddies always told me I should run for office....

I am faced with a new problem I have too many places to hunt. Some are getting frustrated that I am not hunting there property....

I can deal with type of problem reather than not having a place to hunt. I am not a pig I have and will be taking youth(s) hunting with me.:wink:

Koz

· Livin' in a van....
8,508 Posts
its amazing what talking w/ people will get ya. i was talking to an amish guy who had shot some huge deer. (didn't know him at all) and told him if he ever needs someone to drive him to his hunting ground he should call me.

he took my # and every weekend for the past 3 years i've been able to chase deer on a 1300 acre farm & 200 acres that he own/leases. 150-180" deer coming off these properties. all because i talk too much!

congrats koz, i've heard stories about some beast living in urban areas

· Registered
651 Posts
I wish that would happen to me!! I try to find land to put a few stands on just to give me more options and can't seem to work it out. Tempted to start knocking on doors but I am a little shy and feel that might make some people mad. Most of the land I am surrounded by now is over-hunted IMO. Maybe I need to talk more to people and try to hook me up.

· Registered
2,477 Posts

I am faced with a new problem I have too many places to hunt. Some are getting frustrated that I am not hunting there property....
I can deal with type of problem reather than not having a place to hunt. I am not a pig I have and will be taking youth(s) hunting with me.:wink:

Koz
no sympathy from me :tongue:

awesome situation! make things happen ;)

· Registered
517 Posts
I came into work last week and had a message on my phone.....

Ofc. Kozuhowski please call us back we have way too many deer on our property. Thanks Mrs. Jones.

Well I call her back and take a ride after work.....Holy crap SWEET spot let me paint ya picture:

Small wood lot 7 achers thick woods lots med sized trees, w/ a few old growth hard woods. The ground has three seperate levels. I find beds and five sperate scrapes. Very fresh scrapes, I can smell deer urine in the fresh scraped up dirt!! I find 10-12 buck rubs from last year on decent sized trees. These rubs indicate rub line used for many years( trees have scares healed over, and then rubbed again)!:eek:

Now this property has not been hunted in over 10 years. It is surrounded by houses. I need to be very carefull of my target and beond. I was advised by Mrs. Jones that some of her neghbors are tree hungers and would not look kindly on me hunting.

Now there are few areas that are open enough for a shot. I don't want to do much trimming of shooting lanes. I can't hang perm tree stands. I am thinking
ground blind up close and personal deer hunting is the call for my new honey hole! Oh did I tell ya this is the only woods in the area:wink::wink:.

And not to pile it on too much, but yesterday I get a message from another property owner asking for help w/ deer on his property. I am going to buy a lottery ticket today. Wow things have changed for the better for this Bow hunter!!! Wish me luck.

Koz
In Pennsylvania? Com'on! Throw another PA archery hunter a bone, will ya?!?! :wink: Seriously... Good luck in your new spot! :darkbeer: If ya get lucky, make sure you post some pictures!

· Registered
916 Posts

Koz
Isn't this a good problem to have????????:confused::wink::tongue:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.