Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum so here it is.....I have searched and searched and made a few calls to find a Omni Nock for a Carbon Express Bolt so far no luck.

I have a new Ten Point Vapor that only uses 22 inch bolts. I have a couple of dozen new in box Carbon express Maxima Hunter bolts that have an ID of .284. The best information I can find is the smallest Omni nock is .297.

Why? (I can guess, but not real happy about it)

I was thinking of trying to turn one down about 10 thousandth and try it. My thought is as long as the ridge of the nock is square with the shaft it should work.

Of course Carbon express says that "their" universal nock will work just fine.....and Ten Point says using them will void warranty if needed.

If that works I will try the same with an Omni nock 2 as no one makes a lighted noch with a omni nock.......

I guess I will have to order a dozen online, so far I have not been able to find any locally.

Any other ideas other than sell off the the Carbon express bolts?

I plan on using Rage hypodermic 100g broad heads for white tail.

Thanks

·
Incureable tinkerer
4,257 Posts
Check out the Firenock site for their capture nock that fits that arrow/bowsting. Omni nocks are less dependable as they can have to be turned just so to ensure uniformity of string enlightenment and do not snap onto the string as Firenocks do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fine folks at TP hooked me up with a link to their site with the correct ones. They do make them. Omni-Nock (Full Metal Jacket Arrow (white - .284 I.D.))
HEA-230.12

I was unable to find them at any shop in Chi town, heck I was unable to find any 22 inch bolts. So they are ordered.

So far the fine folks at TP have been very understanding to my newbie questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts