Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an omp grain scale and i cant get it calibrated. It says use a 200gr weight. Well i push the calibration button and set the weight on it and it blinks for awhile then it says "fail". What am i doing wrong?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I just turned mine on and used it and didn't calibrate since I don't have anything to calibrate it with. The arrow rest is around 146gr on mine IIRC

·
Registered
204 Posts
Oh yeah, if you don't use a 200gr weight, it will give a Fail message. I tried using the arrow rest to calibrate and it didn't work. Either it's not close to 200 gr or the batteries are low?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
JUNK!!! I had one and sent it back to them. Straight out of the box didnt work they told me it was a defective scale and sent me a new one.... Guess what! New one JUNK!!!

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Your reading it wrong I think..I'm pretty sure it needs to be calibrated at 200 grams not 200 grains..

·
Registered
204 Posts
I checked mine against my Dillon Precision digital reloading scale and it was .3 grains off weight wise only, even w/o being calibrated.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I have an OMP grain scale. All I do is turn it on and if it does not read "0" I punch the calibration button and it goes to "0". If I want to weigh arrows I put the arrow holder on, hit cal., it then goes to "0" and I can weigh my arrows

1 - 8 of 8 Posts