Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to tune and old Golden Eagle bow for a friend of mine. Not sure the exact model. Nothing other than Golden Eagle on the limbs. The sticker in the inside of the limb says "Eagle 2 Advantage turbo cam rh solid 75%". It's an advantage camo, right handed bow with 75% letoff so I figured all that out. Can't find any info on an Eagle 2 model bow though. Anyone have tune specs for this? Looking for ata, tiller, brace height, etc.
Also - while shooting it last night, after 6 shots the cable rod fell off. There is an offset bracket that allows you to rotate the rod and the setscrew came loose. The entire rod and cable slide fell off. When I put it back on I initially installed the slide so that the cables are on the inside of the rod (like I'm used to seeing on every other bow I've messed with). This didn't move the cables over far enough over and the fletchings hit the cables. I rotated the bracket out as far as it could go and still wasn't enough. So I took the slide and rod off and reinstalled it with the cables over and on the outside of the rod. This gave enough clearance for the vanes but I've never seen one setup like that before. Is this correct. Is this something Golden Eagle did? Am I missing something?
If I can figure out how to post pics from my phone I will do that for clarity.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
I had a Golden Eagle, but it was quite a long time ago I don't remember much details about it. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did some more searching. Looked for pictures of similar bows and surprisingly, EBay gave me the most pictures. From what I found, definitely looks like the cables go on the outside of the rod.

Still can find any info on the bow specs though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone? I still can't find info on this bow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts