Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering about the cock vane and nock orientation for the 3 fletch 120 deg. The directions say to start with the flat portion up on the nock receiver but no matter where I start it never lines up with a vane??? I shoot carbons so it doesn't matter but a friend wants me to Fletch some of his sons aluminum arrows and I need to get this figured out... What am I doing wrong Thanks Scott:confused:

·
(aka lug nut)
48,437 Posts
Justicebro said:
Just wondering about the cock vane and nock orientation for the 3 fletch 120 deg. The directions say to start with the flat portion up on the nock receiver but no matter where I start it never lines up with a vane??? I shoot carbons so it doesn't matter but a friend wants me to Fletch some of his sons aluminum arrows and I need to get this figured out... What am I doing wrong Thanks Scott:confused:

The standard receiver that comes with the Bitz
will have the cock vane at 90 degrees,
for a RH recurve shooter.

If the aluminum arrows use the Easton uni-bushing and the g-nock system,
you can always rotate the nocks.

Tf these shafts are the Easton jazz shafts and you are using the glue on nocks, then you may need a different receiver, if the Jazz arrows are for a compound bow.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what arrows he has but they do have glue on nocks. What nock receiver would I need??

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
When fletching any arrow shaft---

If they are a shaft with an indexable nock, it doesn't matter because you can always rotate the nock after completing the fletching.

If it's not an indexable nock- still doesn't matter. Just twist the nock on WITHOUT any glue. after the fletch glue sets, pull the nock off, add the glue, and index any way you like it. You can easily shoot them before you glue the nock, because if you twist them on tight they won't come off.

·
Registered
633 Posts
you can get another nock reciever from bitz or cabelas that will fletch 120 degree 3 fletch with cock feather or vane up or down

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, the arrows are in need of refletching not new fletching so the nocks are already glued. So only option is to get a new receiver? :confused:

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
Maybe you can fletch them with 4 vanes on the 90 deg setting... just thinking out loud so to speak. I have not tried it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts