Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
PRO SHOP OWNER BOWTECH MATHEWS
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who do you think has the easiest line to work on and who has the most complicated?

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
Bowtechs seem simple to me, but I think more than anything it is what you are used to and familar with:)

I am sure if you were a Harley mechanic and worked only on them for years, and someone brought their Gold Wing to you for some work you would think Darn these things are complicated. On the other hand a Honda machanic probably has a different view.

As for me I'll just keep riding my Harley and shooting my Bowtech:)

I'm still looking for the ideal bow carrier for my EVO;)

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
The Martins with the nitrous cams are pretty simple. No press needed, a couple of twists on the limb bolts and you can do anything with it.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I have an Apex and you tune it once and forget it for along time, keep an eye on the cam mark, and occasionally twist the string, and i have the Baracuda on it also.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
They are all easy too work on.....as long as you have a good set of strings and cables.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Bellows1 said:
The Martins with the nitrous cams are pretty simple. No press needed, a couple of twists on the limb bolts and you can do anything with it.
Yeap, I have to agree. The Nitrous-X cam in particular because it can be shot as a shoot through or as a conventional dual cam bow with a cable guard. The Nitrous cam has a 3 inches of draw adjustment on each modules. The modules are available in either 65% or 75%. There are three base cam sizes which will cover almost any draw length requirement. Mini-modules are available too to reduce the draw length by two inches as well. Therefore, each cam has a 5 inch adjustment range depending on the module used.

The Nitrous cam is one of the most stratight forward cam systems I have ever worked on and can easily be customed tuned. I have owned and worked on ever major brand of bow made.

All Martin bows have 15 pounds of draw weight adjustment and the bows can be ordered with as little as two pounds of peak range difference. As has already been mentioned Martins have long enough limb bolts to be disassembled without the use of a press.

I also use the Dyna-cam on my Cougar. While the Dyna-cam is not as adjustable as the Nitrous is. It is the best single cam sytem I have ever used. It has modular adjustment. The modules are poivided in either 65% or 75% let-off. Each module is is sized for an even draw length and the cam can be adjusted by selecting the appropriate pin up or down by 1/2" without effecting the let-off. All of the modules for 75% was provided with my Cougar. The Cougar has the same 15# draw weight range adjustment and ability to disassemble as all the other Martins do.

One other feature of the Martin bows which I partucularly like is the Martin arrow rest mount. This allows the rest to be removed from the bow and later reinstalled at the same positon. Plus, it has a nice clean look on the sideof the riser.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts