Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions (maybe more).
1) I bought an S600 for a buddy last year but the memory gave an error when a stick was inserted, would only save pics on the internal memory. Is there anything that anyone may know that it would be? Is it possible to change out the part with something from an S40 (I have a parts camera)?
2) On a 3 wire hack on an S40 can you hack the shutter to be open with a Yeti board (I have one that the shutter stays open and it works fine so would assume can do what Kdornski said and just rotate the shutter gear while the motor is engaged?) Was supposed to get the 4 wire board but got the 3 wire board but this was last year and hadn't done anything with it till now so will just make one up for the field I guess. Always figure if I wanted to could just resolder the jumpers and get a fast chip and add the extra wire.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought so on the S40. I'll have to see about getting the S600 back from him to check it out more. I gave him an S40 that would work with the memory stick so maybe I can get it back and turn it into a game cam :). All I know about the S600 is that it bites HARD! I guess you have to dischare the capacitor or something. I had tried to see if there had been a loose wire or something in it and got zapped good. Thought it was my difibrillator going off!

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
You don`t have to

You don`t have to discharge it. You could tape over the solder point of the capacitor. Just don`t touch the solder points.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts