Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been bareshaft tuning unsuccesfully for the last 2 nights and need some help. I bought on target 2 tonight to try to really make sure my arrows are right. when I had the demo I thought I could change the draw weight and it would change the spine but I must be doing something wrong. here is the screen shot of what I have put in.

When I change the bow poundage or tip weightnothing else changes. I how do I get to help me fine tune my arrows.

Thanks, BG

I am always having my nock tear to the right of my tip on my bareshaft tune through paper.

05 allegaince
50-60 maxed out (assume 61)
LEFTY
27.5" draw lenght
beamen 400
bowmanhunter wraps
blazers
and 100g feild points
trophy ridge drop away

·
(aka lug nut)
48,289 Posts
BGGooseKiller said:
I have been bareshaft tuning unsuccesfully for the last 2 nights and need some help. I bought on target 2 tonight to try to really make sure my arrows are right. when I had the demo I thought I could change the draw weight and it would change the spine but I must be doing something wrong. here is the screen shot of what I have put in.

When I change the bow poundage or tip weightnothing else changes. I how do I get to help me fine tune my arrows.

Thanks, BG

I am always having my nock tear to the right of my tip on my bareshaft tune through paper.

05 allegaince
50-60 maxed out (assume 61)
LEFTY
27.5" draw lenght
beamen 400
bowmanhunter wraps
blazers
and 100g feild points
trophy ridge drop away

In your picture, upper right hand corner,
you see "SEARCH FILTERS".

Check the "both" box,
and uncheck the "target box".

Your signature mentions bowmanhunter wraps.

Are you using wraps on your arrows?

If so, then the wraps add about 8 grains if you use the full sheet.
I like to cut the wraps in half.

Towards the bottom of the page,
in the center,
you see the "FLETCHING" box.

One of the boxes is "Wrap Weight".

Plug in 8 for 8 grains if you use a full size arrow wrap.

Now, in terms of that right tear.

Try dropping 5 lbs off the draw weight,
or say 2 full turns off the top limb bolt
and 2 full turns off the bottom limb bolt.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Your arrows look fine to me even at 80% let-off. As you have shown they are a little stiff at 28" length. I am not sure exactly how you are bare shafting. I use a different proceedure for release than you would for fingers. However, I am sorry, but you will probably be able to adjust you nock high or low bare shafting, but I have never heard of a method for adjusting the left right for a binary cam. On the '05 binary cams, you might even be limited to moving the nock or rest. I would not want to risk rolling over turning the cams, trying to time better.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Still not right

I added the wrap weight in but

Nuts&botls: I will try the lower draw weight tomorrow thanks for the heads up

Dredly: I don't have an apply button

Deezlin: I am shooting a release

When I change the point weight or draw weight I still don't get the comments or spine evaluation bar to move. I know it will becuase it would in the demo, that is why I maxed out my bow to begin with (to get in what I thought would be the sweet spot)

BTW i am really enjoying exploring this program!

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I change the point weight or other parameters in the Equipment tab and not on the Spine Match tab. There is no apply button to push. You might press the recalc button. Does this help?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Deezlin said:
I change the point weight or other parameters in the Equipment tab and not on the Spine Match tab. There is no apply button to push. You might press the recalc button. Does this help?

YES, that seems to do it. Thanks. Know I just have to learn to shoot better. One step at a time.

Thanks, BG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts