Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the TenPoint Phantom be pressed in a Sure-Loc X-Press without removing the stock ?
Was thinking about getting the Bowtech Stryker Crossbow but remember from another thread that it has to be sent to Bowtech to change strings. :mad:
That, now, makes buying one out of the question. :(
Might consider the Phantom if it can be pressed in my X-Press.
But, if you have to remove its stock to do so, all bets are off !
Anyone know ?

Sag.

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
Why are you against removing the bow and riser form the barrel?

I think there is a real need for for Bowtech and Ten Point to make it easier for customers to be able to at least partially press their bows for string and cable maintenance. Many folks can't or won't take their bows back to a dealer everytime it needs string reserving or changing. The Stryker crossbow comes with a harness that allows for easy string maintenace Hat's off to Bowtech for that one but they supplied no means for doing the same with the Desert Stryker and the Phantom also fits into that category. Face it folks, many crossbow shooters will not go out and spend $300.00 for a big press to change strings on their crossbows. The logical answer IMHO is for both companies to offer a small portable harness system that looks similar to this that will hold the limbs in partially pressed position for string and cable maintenance. I anticipate reponses that will warn against self-maintenance on these bows but, just as with vertical compound bows, people will be working on them themselves so why not offer them the factory recommended tools to do basic maintenance?

BTW, I was told that the Sure Loc press is one of the recommended presses for the Desert Stryker.

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the Phanotm works fine in a Sur Loc Xpress. We use one at the factory.
Randy

Thanks, Randy. :thumbs_up
Since I own an X-Press, it wouldn't make sense to buy a Crossbow I couldn't press with it. :)

Sag.

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you also, Brad. :darkbeer:

Sag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.