Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets say you draw a once in a lifetime tag and it is not weapon specific, do you choose bow or gun, i think i would take my bow just because that is what i truely love to do, just thought it would be interesting to see what people would choose.

·
It's in da hole!
1,676 Posts
I would want to bring the bow but some hunts just dont lend themselves to bow hunting

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
It would mean more to me to do it with my bow

·
Registered
24,902 Posts
depends on what the hunt was for.

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
:noidea: Six of one half dozen the other to me.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I would take the bow

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
bow, im not that desperate to shoot something yet. Its about the hunt, not the kill, and not bragging to your buddies

·
aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
I would take both and try to make it happen with a bow, but I would not have a problem pulling out a rifle on the last day.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would take my bow. I have been on a few outfitter guided trips with my father with modern firearms, they were great experiences. With as much as I have enjoyed those trips the only way I think they could be improved upon would be to do it all over again with my bow this time.

·
Always Scouting
3,418 Posts
I would take both and try to make it happen with a bow, but I would not have a problem pulling out a rifle on the last day.
Same here. Once in a lifetime to harvest this particular animal I would not hesitate to grab the rifle butr peferably the muzzleloader at the end to close the deal. With my luck though that is when I would have the animal at 20 yards broadside with a clear shot.

Matt

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
lets say you draw a once in a lifetime tag and it is not weapon specific, do you choose bow or gun, i think i would take my bow just because that is what i truely love to do, just thought it would be interesting to see what people would choose.
Bow in hand and rifle on my back. :wink:

·
Former Wyoming Boy
8,664 Posts
Bow only here.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts