Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been here in a while life has been busy. Kids/hunting season.... Only took one deer this year but it was a deer I seen only two times. First morning I thought the neighbors cow was out then I seen him. He stood at 25 yards for 2-3 minutes. I passed the shot as I knew I couldn't live with myself had it deflected off the briars he was in.

I had told myself after he walked up the hill out of sight that was my most memorable encounter period. That eve I had 2 130 inch deer under my tree and later. 160 came in at dark to dark to shoot. I was still thinking of the small yet unique deer I encountered that morning.

The next morn I find my self to sick to work. Good thing I could hunt a hour into the hunt he came back. He gave me a 20 yard broadside shot and it was true. I made a anchor shot at 40 when he stood a bit longer than I thought he should. I didn't want this buck getting away. He is unique what do you think?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Pretty cool buck ! Congrats

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Illegal to shoot in Illinois

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doing a shoulder mount and getting hide leather tanned hoofs will be a gun or bow rack.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Cool! Congrats!

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
YUP...That will be the last deer you ever shoot, bad ju ju there boy. You dont kill the white buck, you appreciate his diffrence! :wink:

·
Vendor
10,767 Posts
It should be full body mounted for sure.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Last deer not so far.... Could have shot this deer the night I seen ****** too and after I did he was in range too. I respect the game I hunt and every part I can use of him will be used.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Awesome!

·
Registered
563 Posts
how many 130's you see a year? and how many albino/piebalds do you see in a lifetime?
Beautiful rare deer! I only see a 130" deer twice in a decade. You got some prime hunting land there. I thought it was illegal to shoot a pure albino.....

·
Registered
243 Posts
Now that's neat right there. Not many people can post a pic of a deer like that. Big congrats to you.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts