Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost the use of my left arm 3 years ago and I miss bowhunting badly. I currently have a crossbow permit & this will be my 4th season using the crossbow. Now, not that I don't like using it, and it's all I have to hunt with now & I have taken several deer w/ my one arm, but I wanna shoot the compound again. I have seen a guy on TV once that had a paralyzed arm like I do & he made an attachment so that he holds & releases the bow string w/ his mouth. Is anyone familiar w/ this setup or has anything else in mind?

·
Registered
738 Posts
i saw where someone i think pete shepley had a harness with a release in it so he could draw by poushing the bow away from his body and used his mouth or chin to set off the release. i saw it in a video.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
It is called the Draw Lock....or loc.

I will loook for a link for you bro.

·
Just Do It.....
30,223 Posts
There is a fellow who shoots 3D in the Kansas City area, he is also an amputee. I would think that if you post on the 3D forum you should find someone who will be able to put you in contact with him. I believe he goes by One armed foam killer, or something like that.

Best of luck to you, pm me if you cannot find him and I will try to help.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I believe there is a guy on here that goes by "Jaws" or his dad "Jawsdad" that could probably point you in the right direction.

·
Banned
3,180 Posts
Here is a fellow who is an inspiration to us all. He shot here in WI at one of our clubs events. He lost the use of his left arm in an auto crash and now shoots with his teeth. (and shoots very well too) He pulls back the 70 pound Mathews with a small bit of webbing attached to the string. He shoots for Mathews bows and so does his young daughter. When he started shooting, he had a 17 inch neck. He now has a 19 inch neck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts