Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would get another sight for my bow,

I would use one for 3d shooting with target arrows, and use the other sight with my hunting arrows. I would simply take one off and put the other on, there may be a slight adjustment needed after removal, but shouldnt be too bad.

What do you think

·
Registered
49,094 Posts
Makes sense to me. I did it years ago when I used thunderheads for hunting. Worked great.:)

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
You have two options with a sword sight you could buy a apex 3rd plane and a titan and switch them since they are both dovetail or buy a titan and a separate multi pin head for hunting and just switch heads. www.swordsight.com

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
im in the process of doing this....i went this route

bought an Armortech axcel pro (dovetail model) for hunting
plan to buy the axcel ax3000 for a target sight...these two sights are by the same company so the dovetail mount on the bow is the same...therefore taking one off and putting the other on is easy...so if i want to shoot hunter class at a tourney i can slip on the armortech and if i want to go freestlye slip on the ax3000

·
Registered
632 Posts
I do that with Sword Twilight hunter and Titan, to swith from 3D to indoor.(same arrows)

Usually don't have to move anything, just be sure to tighten the knob, wiggle the sight bar, then tighten the knob again. Very repeatable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You may consider looking at the Sure-Loc QC 1 or the QC 2. They have interchangable modules, You can use one for your light 3D arrows and switch out to the second module for your heavier hunting arrows without having to remove the entire sight.

Check them out at Sure-Loc.com I am seriously considering this system myself.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
About three years ago, I used a Sure-Loc Leathal Weapon Special Ops and and could switch that out for my Sure-Loc Supreme in a matter of seconds via the dove tail plate mounted on the riser. Worked great and never needed any adjustment because of the switch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fantastic, thanks for all the help!!!!

I will take a look at the various options presented her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts