Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have never owned a one cam bow, but I have pulled many and mainly love the mathew's and bowtech cams:) However, I am somewhat uneducated on the dynamics of one cam bows, and I have a question about them.... Why is the one cam mounted on the bottom? I know it looks a heck of a lot cooler than one on the top but I am wondering if the bows performance is undermined with a top mounted one cam. I assure you this may sound like a stupid question....:rolleyes: but I really want to know the reason for the lower one cam...... Thanks

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can no one give ma an answer?????:confused:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
PSE used to make a one cam bow with the cam on top. I have no idea why they discontinued it. I guess it all comes down to how the bow looks to the customer. JMHO. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
top cam

Thewre was a post the other day about a company that restated the single-top-cam.
Tried to find it, but no succes.

Bart

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I can think of two reasons. First the improper balance of having the extra weight on the top would be enough (originally the single cam was huge and the top moduel was a very small pulley). Second Dynabow, the first out with it, put it on the bottom and kind of defined the location.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.