Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 hoyt Magna tech with thier Versa Cam(1 cam). I put a new string and cable/yoke on it and it is about 3/8" over axle to axle.The lb. of pull has dropped a couple lbs. and the draw length has shortened a smidge. it does look like the cam is off a lil bit in relaxed position. What do i twist to bring this into correct position. What do you twist for draw length,axle to axle adj.and about how many times? This is a 38.5" ata spec bow. Help...please.

·
Registered
169 Posts
To lengthen draw and increase draw weight-shorten or twist cables

To shorten draw length and decrease draw weight-lengthen or untwist cable.

If you mess with the string,your peep may give you fits.

·
Banned
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,I heard twisting the yoke is also a way to increase draw length? What is the limit,in terms of # of twists. I use a zero peep,so string twists arent an issue.My bow is 3/8" over axle to axle.Shouldnt you twist the cable and string the same # of times?... Or the string the same # of times on both sides of the eccentrics since the string is 2x+ the length of the cable? As a general rule,how many twists will effect ata approx. how many /16ths of an " ?

This Hoyt is gonna be my back up, I ordered a Darton Rampage Express 11 days ago(with 65-70% let off). The Hoyt(1 cam) is quiet and kills deer and pigs effectively.It is about 15 fps slower than my old 95 Hoyt Defiant Supreme 2 cam (soft) and 3" shorter ata.That old Hoyt was as heavy as a stack of brick with a heart of lead,but it shot great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts