Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey gang...here's my first NH long-noser of the season!:)

Taken yesterday at 5:45 pm...with the temps dipping, they were in the oaks early!

25 yd shot actually hit high, deflecting off the spine & into the lungs...staggered her & she ran a short distance. Made for a quick, clean end, and a relatively short blood trail. Actually, the impact bent one blade & cracked 2 other Muzzy 100gr blades...a first for me!:eek:

Checked her in today at lunch, 115 lbs...a nice, mature one for the freezer. Can't wait for Friday night & our traditional backstrap & liver feast...good times, good family & friends.

While dragging her out & breaking a few branches, a full-rut bull moose didn't want me in his territory and tried his best to kill me! :eek: I was waving my hands, yelling & actually had to run behind a big hemlock tree and nock an arrow just in case, but didn't have to use it.:confused:

I felt pretty insignificant there on the ground with nothing but a bow in my hands & 1000 lbs of raging bull moose 40 yds away with antlers swaying, nostrils flared & those wild, bloodshot eyes looking at me. :embara: That was probably the quickest drag to the van in history...good thing it was all downhill!

Sorry to report guys that even the X-scent clothing can't hold in the odor from a load in the shorts!!! :wink:

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
nice shootin partner. And no more poopin in your pants :eek:

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Nice job man!

I know first hand what a challenge it can be to arrow an illusive NH whitetail deer!

I too have had encounter's with Bull moose this time of year....it's just plain amazing how large an animal they are. You can't really fully understand it until you've been 30 yards or so from one face to face.

Congrats again! She'll be good eatin no doubt!

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Cool story and nice doe. Does she have REALLY big front hooves or it that just the angle of the pic?

Congrats again,:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
:wink: Nice story..looks like she will make good eatin. I just had some canned deer meat tonight...I was fried with gravy...Goin back for more!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts