Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if anyone on this site might know the story behind this buck. E-mail I received said it was taken outside Pineville, La On the Red River.

Any info will be appreciated.

Marc:darkbeer::):darkbeer:

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
dont know the story nor hae i ever seen that buckk before but man thats an awsome buck!!! wicked good mass for the southern states. wow!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Registered
201 Posts
heard about it from a friend in Lousiana and got the e- mail...I'll find out the story if I can ever get out of the office...

·
Registered
516 Posts
I love a swamp deer

Here in NJ I hunt alot of wet swampy ground. I think this is a great picture. He didnt even drag it to dry ground for a photo.

·
Registered
816 Posts
That was not the deer shot in Arkansas. It was killed in the swamps of southeast Arkansas, but the pics of it were after dark. It was only a main frame eight, THAT SCORED 187! I would like to know more about this La. buck.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Killed in Oregon and grossed 250:eek:

Kiddin! Dandy of buck!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ttt

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ttt one lst time

·
Registered
855 Posts
That bucks name is Walter and he passed on the 13th of October. Walter leaves behind 4 does Mary, Betty, Helga and Marie as well as 6 fawns. He was a good buck loved by many and fought fearlessly during rut.

RIP Walter, hope you taste good.

:lol:

·
Registered
591 Posts
ok

not sure if this is the right one, But i live in Alexandria, and there was a big buck killed in the Ro-Gully area outside of Pineville, its actually just across the river from the big air port here in town, but the only way around the river is through pineville. I'll try to find out more, ask around town and see what I can dig up.

·
Registered
347 Posts
forgive my ignorance.....
we have no swamps or anything around here. do the dear regularly travel through swamps. aka, would people put up stands near/in them???
again, its something i have never seen or dealt with.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Its a water source and some plants that the deer will eat will grow near them due to plenty of water and organic matter making for some rich soil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm almost certain I read that it was killed north of bossier city with a rifle on private land.

It was said to green score 187 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kyle

Thanks for the info.

Marc:darkbeer::):darkbeer:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ooops I remembered wrong. It was killed in rapides parish pineville area.

I dont have enough posts to post a link but you could find the story on louisianasportsman dot com.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts