Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Am Going To Give Carbon Arrows One More Shot At Making Their Way Into My Quiver. I Have Been Looking At The Axis St But The Guy At The Shop That I Go To Says To Go With Carbon Express. I Trust Him But I Tried Cx 300's And Hated The Inconsistancy Of These Arrows. I Use My Bow To Get Meat Not Money What Arrows Are Everyones Favorite To Hunt With? I Currently Shoot 2314 Sss.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Superslim

Eastons Ac superslim is the best hunting arrow available in my head. It is a acc with the hit insert.

·
NC ASA Director
36,016 Posts
Gold Tip XT Hunter 55/75

If you are only going to give carbons one more shot, give it the best shot you can. :thumbs_up

·
74,535 Posts
Goldtips XT

One tough arrow

·
Registered
905 Posts
arrows to hunt with

black hawk vapors, + or - .002 straightness and tough as nails!

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
All good choices above

And the Easton Axis is a great hunting arrow as well. Beman has the same thing in a straighter and less costly version that is just as tough. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
There is no more consistent, better shooting carbon on the market than a Gold Tip Pro Hunter. They are hand weighed +/- .5 grains and the grain weight is written on the barcode of the backage so that you as a shooter can get the same weight each time if you so desire. I will tell you that inside of 40 yards there is no one that can tell 5 grains difference in an arrow but it still offered. They are also guaranteed +/- .001 TIR in straightness. They are good enough to knock 48 of 56x's on a field round so they will more than do for your hunting needs if you are the most discerning hunter. Another thing Gold Tip does that is overlooked is make sure that a dozen arrows has nocks out of the same mold. You can tell this by the mold number that is stamped on the side of the nock. If you buy 100ct bags they will be out of the same mold. All of this performance at a very reasonable price. $50 less expensive than ACC and they will group as well or better and outlast them 3-1.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
betwen the carbon express and the easton axis. i would go with easton but why change arrows if your super slams are taking care of the job?

the depth of penetration and narrow shaft of the axis arrow is incredible.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Zen Archery said:
betwen the carbon express and the easton axis. i would go with easton but why change arrows if your super slams are taking care of the job?

the depth of penetration and narrow shaft of the axis arrow is incredible.
I AM GOING TO TRY JUST TO SEE WHAT KIND OF SPEED I WILL GET WITH THE ARROW WEIGHT I AM LOSING WITH THE CARBONS

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I am a Gold Tip man but I would take the Carbon Expess overthe Axis any day. The Axis will not stay straight and they will not penetrate any better. I ran a test for the loop video being circulated by Gold Tip and we shot a "heavy Aluminum, a lighter 5575 at 295 FPS, and the "infamous Axis best penetrating arrow ever". Guess what, The heavy aluminum lost badly and the faster Goldtip "lighter" arrows penetrated as good or better every single time into a brand new "Block" target. SO , I am calling BS and "hype on this one. Sorry! I have proved it to myself and all things being equal The carbon expess and Gold Tip are much better arrows.

·
Registered
826 Posts
take that heavy aluminum arrow and a lite carbon arrow and shoot them through a chrono at 40 yrds you will see which one will hold more ke. I will stay with my heavy aluminums.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
x-cutter said:
I am a Gold Tip man but I would take the Carbon Expess overthe Axis any day. The Axis will not stay straight and they will not penetrate any better. I ran a test for the loop video being circulated by Gold Tip and we shot a "heavy Aluminum, a lighter 5575 at 295 FPS, and the "infamous Axis best penetrating arrow ever". Guess what, The heavy aluminum lost badly and the faster Goldtip "lighter" arrows penetrated as good or better every single time into a brand new "Block" target. SO , I am calling BS and "hype on this one. Sorry! I have proved it to myself and all things being equal The carbon expess and Gold Tip are much better arrows.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
x-cutter said:

Whatever dude.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
The axis won't stay straight? What, did you happen to "bend" a few of them? :shade: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

-ZA206

·
Registered
983 Posts
i just switched to carbon tech and have not had any problems yet

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
Here is another vote for Gold Tip pro hunters or XT's, you will be pleased with either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts