Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife was channel surfing thru the television the other day and came across one of these competition reality TV shows. There was a man throwing knives at this woman while she was suspended on a piece of wood while spinning. I told the wife one slip up and she is gonna be in some pain. I went on about my business and went in my man room. I was in there about 2 minutes and I hear you gotta come see this. I walked back into the living room to watch what she wanted me to see. This same lady now had a apple on her head while the man shot a recurve crossbow at the apple. This guy was about 10 yards away from the woman. I would say this crossbow shot about 200+ fps. Yes he hit the apple.
I have been in archery long enough that I know anything could go wrong. This is one of the Stupidest things I have ever watched producers allow on these shows. One mistake and this lady's life is gone. Just pure stupid reality TV.

Btw I did go grab my crossbow and a bolt tipped with a 170gr opened FOC broadhead. I also grabbed a orange out of the refrigerator since we didn't have a apple. I asked the wife if she loved me enough after 20 years to shoot a orange off her head with my crossbow. She said she loves me but not that much. The look on my wifes face when I asked was priceless. Lol

·
Eric
4,222 Posts
LOL, my wife would have said the same thing. You're right that's pretty stupid, that's an accident waiting to happen unless you're trying to get rid of you're wife lol.

·
Tacos de Lengua! Sabrosa!
4,328 Posts
I’m gonna ask my wife when I get home. Except I’m gonna propose a raisin.

Just kiddin’ Come on. That’s funny.

·
Oblivious to the Shills
2,451 Posts
There is a video floating around of a Russian show where someone was doing something similar at hit the person. There was some speculation that the video was fake though. It looked real to me. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: snopes said it was fake

·
Registered
16 Posts
I saw the same show. First thought was "how stupid". Second thought was "she is the one with the real talent", not the guy with the crossbow.

·
Bringer of truth
14,653 Posts
this is known as the natural selection. It happens in all levels of nature, even the human race.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts