Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the wife her first bow(razor's edge) a couple months back and she maybe shot 100 arrows through it. Well yesterday I took her to her first 3D shoot and she placed first in the ladies division!!:teeth: You couldn't wipe the smile off her face on the way home, I told her that she pretty much had the best instructor to teach her how to shoot. She told me to shut up and quite trying to steal her thunder,lol!!!! I think I have a new 3D partner!:teeth:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
congrats to your wifey! lets see if you're still bragging on her when she's out shooting you!! :teeth:

·
I am the Tin Man!
2,980 Posts
Way to go Mrs Swampdonkey! Im trying to talk my wife into going to a 3D shoot with me this next weekend, maybe this success story will help me out.

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,108 Posts
Congratulations to your wife! Great shooting! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Congrats Bud!!!! Now upgrade her to an X or Z with 1.5 cams;) and watch her start crushing everyone on the course!!:shade:

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
Congrats Bud!!!! Now upgrade her to an X or Z with 1.5 cams;) and watch her start crushing everyone on the course!!:shade:
LOL, your a good salesman :teeth: Congrats to your wife !!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol, maybe one day she will shoot a good bow like us, but she has to earn her stripes first!!:D

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Look Out!!!

Careful... Women are inherently better shots than man. They don't think about it. They just do it!!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
What's the trick for giving her lessons without her getting ticked off for being told what to do? My wife shoots some, but advice is tough to lend without it being taken the wrong way.:D

BTW, how awesome is it to be able to brag about something like that amongst this crowd? Congrats:dancing:

·
Alien Mafia Member
3,765 Posts
Careful... Women are inherently better shots than man. They don't think about it. They just do it!!!

That's the truth, right there.
Years of rifle coaching has taught me this.

Kev

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What's the trick for giving her lessons without her getting ticked off for being told what to do? My wife shoots some, but advice is tough to lend without it being taken the wrong way.:D

BTW, how awesome is it to be able to brag about something like that amongst this crowd? Congrats:dancing:
Lol, I do get the death stair once in awhile, but she's not to bad!

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Congrats to your lady on some fine shootin' ! :shade:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Soon she is gonna be able to out shoot you...:wink:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congrats!

I had the same plan, but it blew up in my face.

I bought my wife the exact same bow two years back for xmas, and she put 100 arrows threw it and decided she wanted an Excalibur instead, now she shoots @ 360fps and pokes fun at my 245fps :angry: lol

·
Registered
30,678 Posts

The trick is to NOT tell her. If she wants advise, get someone else to teach her. My man and I have almost come to blows over it. We don't say anything to each other other than "nice shot".

And congrats to the wife! I always like seeng families shooting together.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Nice to see you have something that you can both enjoy together.
Have fun and enjoy it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts