Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine has and will always be, find the does and the bucks will follow. Works ever year for me.:wink:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
one tip...

An overly simple one from me...Spend as much time as possible in the woods hunting. By pure time spent, you increase your odds....:darkbeer:

(assuming, of course that you did do a little homework and aren't hunting over a gopher hole expecting a monster buck to magically appear...)

·
Registered
808 Posts
Hunt where there's deer.:)

·
Anointed Arrows
1,088 Posts
One Tip....Just....

HUNT​

·
Registered
998 Posts
bedding areas are better to hunt than food sources. Think about it, you will eat just about anywheres as long as the food is good. Home, Burger King, Outback, etc.....but there is that one place you like to sleep and feel comfortable and secure, your own bed. I look at deer the same way.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Be ready for the shot. Just when you lean back to relax and prop your feet up the big one will show his face. From experience here. Last year I leaned back in my stand and proped up my feet and the big 9 pointer walked right under my stand. Had about 10 seconds for the shot. Took me 20. My brother shot the deer 20 mins after that. :mad:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Pick a tree you can hide in. I think deer pick guys out by spotting the lump in the tree. Actually find a tree you can hide in and you'll see more deer.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Stick it Out

Have faith in the spots you chose and be sure to hunt all morning and at least into early afternoon during the early stages of the rut.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Remember the thermals

My grandpa always taught me to hunt the ridges in the morning and the valleys in the evenings. He always said its the best way to fool a deers nose. I guess he had thermals in mind.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Never throw caution down wind.

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Remember that Scent-Lok can't help lumpy farts.

·
Registered
145 Posts
let them grow!! dont shoot your botton bucks and spikes u will see alot more biger bucks

1 - 20 of 104 Posts