Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if these have been posted here before, sorry if they have. A buddy of mine just sent them to me in an email. I'm also not sure where the pics are from. I know during archery season there was a deer running around south of here in Alleghany Co. with one stuck in her head but not sure if this is the same deer. Someone needs to learn how to shoot and most of all some ethics if you ask me....

·
Thunder Chicken Assassin
1,675 Posts
looks like a crossbow bolt

·
Hunt Now-Not Later
3,303 Posts
i have not seen this one, irresponsible-had an antenna deer on the neighboring farm this year that we shot just to put her down, i hate this, this is what makes the rest of us look bad.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Looks like a poacher with a crossbow was plying his trade and it didn't work out for him. No hunter would take a shot like that.

·
Registered
594 Posts
how did it survive that???

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
haha, short arrows

·
Registered
532 Posts
Terrible if this is real. However, you can never forget that there are some individuals out there who are pretty good with photo shop. We have all seen the pic with the raccoon riding on the cougars back.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
picture

Doesn't it look like the last picture the arrow got longer out front maybe. IDK but looks like that to me.

·
save the decoys!!!!!!!!!!
7,033 Posts
just remember that even though we see this pic, if it is indeed real, we really have no idea what happened. deer do move a ton sometimes, i once hit an elk at 35 yards in the rear cheek.....on the opposite side of its body from where i was shootin!!!!! talk about jumpin a string........
goofy things happen, just sayin.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Looks like a poacher with a crossbow was plying his trade and it didn't work out for him. No hunter would take a shot like that.
I agree a 100%, Stuff like this is what gives the rest of us a bad name,and P.E.T.A more fuel! not good at all:mad:

·
Registered
620 Posts
although it is entirely feasible that this deer survived the shot as the arrow/bolt only entered the cerebrum, if it hit the brain at all, it is pictures like this that give all hunters a bad name:pukey::(

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
just remember that even though we see this pic, if it is indeed real, we really have no idea what happened. deer do move a ton sometimes, i once hit an elk at 35 yards in the rear cheek.....on the opposite side of its body from where i was shootin!!!!! talk about jumpin a string........
goofy things happen, just sayin.
this is very true. can not assume what happend. hate to say it is not what it seems but ya never know.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Agree with the arrow looking shorter in the one picture than the other but could be the angle... Also agree that you can't jump to conclusions. I once shot a doe at 12 yards and she turned so fast that the arrow went through her neck and then into her heart. She ran 40 yards and dropped. I saw it but didn't believe it. She turned so fast that the arrow went in the other side of her neck, through it and then right where I was shooting. Perfect shot and went right where I wanted it too. But they are so fast some times you just can't believe it unless you see it.
BB

·
Anti Fanboy
42,158 Posts
Man I bet she got a head ach. They are tough animals. I sure hate to see something like that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts