Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
have bow-will travel
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Faktor 34 on clearance at Lancaster's for $200 off , could not pass it up considering how much I like the F34 I already have. Well I called Park-N-Sons and ordered up some new rigging for it. Installed them, got the weight and cam timing/lean where I wanted, when those where dialed in I took a peek at the DL, it was right on. Installed a Hoyt QAD, put centershot so middle of launcher was in the middle of the riser "trough" and set it on the drawboard so it was fully up 1" before the stops hit. Headed to the paper rack, 1/4" left tear, 1/2 twist in left side yoke, 1/2 out right side, re-check timing OK, shoot thru the paper, bullet hole, we are done. Into the case it goes, ready for next bow season.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Come on thats a fixed roller system! U know u need lots more twist in the left side to get some serious lean!! Its not possible .5 twist got u there! ;) congrats on a fine bow!

·
have bow-will travel
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So a bullet hole in paper means the bow is tuned? You don't own a pro shop by any chance?
When they shoot a bullet hole they shoot great for me, I do not obsess over it. Get a bullet hole go out and kill stuff, it could be X's, foam, or deer.

·
have bow-will travel
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Come on thats a fixed roller system! U know u need lots more twist in the left side to get some serious lean!! Its not possible .5 twist got u there! ;) congrats on a fine bow!
I eyeballed the lean to start, also adjusted the lower cam spacers before I started :), I am not new to this game :) ;)

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Picked up a Faktor 34 on clearance at Lancaster's for $200 off , could not pass it up considering how much I like the F34 I already have. Well I called Park-N-Sons and ordered up some new rigging for it. Installed them, got the weight and cam timing/lean where I wanted, when those where dialed in I took a peek at the DL, it was right on. Installed a Hoyt QAD, put centershot so middle of launcher was in the middle of the riser "trough" and set it on the drawboard so it was fully up 1" before the stops hit. Headed to the paper rack, 1/4" left tear, 1/2 twist in left side yoke, 1/2 out right side, re-check timing OK, shoot thru the paper, bullet hole, we are done. Into the case it goes, ready for next bow season.
Any lefties there?

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Ok. That keeps me from going there then. ��

Congrats on the good deal

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Congrats on another great bow. My cs30 was pretty much the same Didn't mess with lean or anything just shot a bullet hole and done. Of course after I took off the wb and put on a code red that is.

So a bullet hole in paper means the bow is tuned?
Thats all I do working out great for me

When they shoot a bullet hole they shoot great for me, I do not obsess over it. Get a bullet hole go out and kill stuff, it could be X's, foam, or deer.
Same here. Love it when its easy

I like your way of thinking...The KISS method ...Works for me too...
I often think people over complicate things.

·
Registered
14,574 Posts
I wish it were that simple for me. i'm either the worst shooter or have the worlds hardest bows in the world to tune and it takes me hours. i'm leaning toward option 1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts