Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Pros: Smooth to shoot, dont need a press to change springs, very different style.

Cons: Heavy, complicated, its bad when you need to read a manual on how to tune it, adjustable timing? whats that?, many different cables, you can change strings in the field but you need another hand and a toolbox.

·
Registered
636 Posts
PSE-Maverick,
I don't know when the last time you check out an Oneida was but what you are describing is Oneida about 5-6 or more years ago. LOL No insult intended. The bows currently being produced by CP Oneida have less parts, are in the same weight range of other bows, and are not complicated at all. Different but not complicated. They are actually much easier to work on. You only need about 2, maybe 3 allen wrenches to be able to change the string, cables, brace height, draw length, and draw weight and it can all be done in the field in minutes.

You will not find a smoother bow to shoot, although some are getting close. It has very little, if any, recoil or shock. It is a little longer than wheelie bows but not as much as they used to be.

The only CON I can think of off the top of my head is dealing with all the "name-calling" you get from other shooters. LOL I am biased though. I have 5 Oneidas (Aeroforce, Liteforce Mag, 2 Stealths, and a Pro).

Matt, do you have any other specific ???'s.

You can also check out their web site (above link) and stop in the forum area while you are there.

Later,
Mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx alot. I wish they had a less exspensive model i want one of the older ones but cant find a good one. All the oneida bows up here in Canada are hard to find and exspensive. I really wish they had a afforrdable bow.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Matt,
What are you looking for? I have a friend with an Aeroforce that he'll sell for $160 US that's in very good condition. I have another friend who lives in the Amherstburg, Ont. area that will have a 2001 or 2002 Black Eagle for sale real soon (if not right now) for $350 US. I believe both bows are medium draw, 50-70# bows. Either bow would be good. I've owned both. I sold my BE recently but will probably get another one day.

I hear you on the price of the new bows, though. Only my Aeroforce was boought new and it was a "last years model" at the time. All the rest were used bows. The company still carries parts for almost every model Oneida made, which is good because you can buy an older bow and still keep it up or rebuild it, if needed.

Send me an email if you want me to put you in touch with either of these bows. My email is below.

Later,
Mike
Mike#[email protected]

·
Registered
371 Posts
The older bows are not hard to work on if you know how to do it. I have a Tomcat that I retired to only bowfishing. It is easy to adjust.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
the Smoothness

Without a doubt they are the smoothest bows I have ever picked up.....I use to shoot a Screaming Eagle years ago....It was big & heavy & the grip didnt fit my hand worth a crap but god was that bow smooth...My buddy had one at his shop the other day he had just built a new string for & installed new cables on for a customer...I drew it & fell in love all over again.....Man they are smooth.....

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've been shooting Oneida's for years. Had a Screaming Eagle for 10 years. Put meat in the freezer every year. I love em. They also have a great look.
This year I went for the new Black Eagle. Very smooth .
CP Oneida is a great Co. I had some questions with my tuning so I called. Colon Pollington the owner got on the phone with me for 45 min. Stayed with me as long as I needed. Get that from some other Co!!!!! Take a look at my set up!!

Oneida Black Eagle Med. 60/80lbs.
31” draw length. 80 lb. Draw weight.
Kwikee Kwiver, with High-Riser.
Bodoodle Bullet 2-1/2” overdraw
Savage Pendulum sight with Night Hawk pin
Fleece Bow Sling.
Simms Extreme LimbSaver
Simms Enhancer 2000 (short)
Simms Modular Stabilizer with Stabilizer Enhancer. (2 short modules).
Simms Limb Savers, on power limbs, and String Leach’s.
Peep, Kisser Button, and “D” loop. (Super Loop)
TruBall 3-D Thumb Pull (Caliper) with V-Lock Strap
Easton XX78 Super Slam 28 ¼”. QAD Tune a Nock
(3) 5” Left Wing Gateway Barred Parabolic, 2 degrees offset.
100 gr. NAP ProSeries Thunderhead Broadhead.
Total arrow weight 500 gr. = 6.25gr. Per pound of draw weight. 9.7 % FOC
Average 310 ft. per sec.
106.72 ft. lbs. kinetic energy.
Smooth, Quiet, and Deadly. 0 to 40 yards 1 pin.

·
Banned
6,017 Posts
Oneida is not your fathers bow anymore..I have 4 currently and love the feel..I have one forsale (aeroforce) and i hate to part with it because it looks too cool...but the new oneida bow and the new owners are jumping to the front of the line with quality and performance..shoot one and you will find it hard to shoot anything else...I used to be a hard core mathews/PSe guy...
not anymore

Attachments

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Oneida is not your fathers bow anymore
Jeeeze. That sounds familiar. I think it goes something like

"Bowtech - This ain't your daddy's bow"

·
Registered
359 Posts
Total arrow weight 500 gr. = 6.25gr. Per pound of draw weight. 9.7 % FOC
Average 310 ft. per sec.
106.72 ft. lbs. kinetic energy.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Pro's- butter smooooooth!
Con's- as a curtesy it is quite common for Oneida owners to buy complimentary earplugs for those they are shooting with.
I'm exagerating a little bit. Mostly to get the goat of HuntingHippie and my local archery dealer if he happens to read this. I know Bob at Bowtech Unlimited in Amherstburg Ontario is a wealth of knowledge on the Oneida's. Let me know if you want me to PM you his #. I got to shoot a 3D shoot with Huntinghippie and his buddy and "Bowbob". These guys love their Oneidas!:D

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Well, at least if he tries to shoot me with his Stealth, I could probably jump the string! Dang them bows are loud!!!:cool: Good luck this Oct.1 if I don't talk to you boys before then.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Good luck to you, too!

As for the loud part, don't forget the Bob pays absolutely no attention to silencing his target setup so it is louder. My latest Stealth is amazingly quiet. I believe any bow can be loud or quiet depending on how it's setup.

E-man shoots the Hoyt, right? What are you shooting? I don't remember. I suffer badly from CRS. LOL

Later,
Mike

·
Registered
293 Posts
I may have this one wrong but I always though that they were a piece of ****...........WB:p :p :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts