Archery Talk Forum banner

Oneida Extreme

1646 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  gerryg
Hello. What is a decent price to pay for an Oneida Extreme that is in excellent condition? Thanks.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,790 Posts
Bare bow, $900 to $1000 is what the last ones I have seen sold for except a lefty went for $800. Probably The best bow Oneida ever made imo. Pretty rare and not many come up for sale. The one on eBay is sold btw if that's why your asking. Dave

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The seller of that bow had it listed for $1199 or best offer. I sent an offer of $1000 and it was declined in under a minute. A few seconds after, the seller increased the price to $1299. What a loser.

· Registered
3,790 Posts
Probably realized he listed too cheap. Sucks for you but he sold it for 1300 in less than hour. So I guess he's the winner. They're tough to find. I've lost out on a few buy procrastinating. If you see one jump on it or its gone. Same goes for Falcons.
Good luck, the hunt is half the fun. Dave

· Registered
472 Posts
I had four of them at one point a few years ago, sold three of them for far less than what they are going for now! Still have one left, plus a Falcon! Will hold onto these, both are great shooters!

· Registered
338 Posts
I have two, one camo and one black. I never had a chance to own a falcon or kestrel. Id be hard pressed to get rid of these though.

· Registered
65 Posts
Sadly there are cases where a dipped finish is just plain bad... flakes and chips for no apparent reason. Thankfully the only issue I've had with dipped bows such as my BE2, Falcon and Kestrel is at the mounting area for the stabilizer... usually a rubber O-ring will keep damage from occurring.

As for the original question on Extreme price... it is a sellers market when it comes to the "great/must have Oneidas. Price today for an Extreme could be $400 less than next year. Bottom line for me is I would not pay more than $850 for an Extreme in top condition... sure they could go for more under "xyz" conditions but they can also just as easily go for less. More that $850... you're being taken advantage of... less that $850 and you're getting a damn good deal.

For all the hype that surrounds Oneidas such as the Extreme and Falcon... both of which I'm lucky enough to own... I'd put my older Pro up against them any day of the week for accuracy and forgiveness for my shortcomings.

If your game is hunting find yourself a BE2 and ditch the plastic end caps fast... aluminum end caps quieted down my bow and seemingly has improved my accuracy with it.

Gerry

· Registered
1,321 Posts
The aluminum end caps — how compatible are they?

Fund a listing for Osprey/Hawk — would those work on a Black Eagle?

· Registered
65 Posts
I've seen the listing you're talking about... no photo of the cap itself if I recall correctly... hopefully they are the ones made by American Eagle Bows.

Yes they will work on a Black Eagle... would work on all bows from the BE to the Kestrel.

Black Eagles came with aluminum end caps as did all Oneidas up until 2006 I believe. Your bow should have them already if it still has the original ones.

Gerry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.